anybody know anything bout the mathews mq32?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bigbuckdown, Aug 12, 2010.

1. bigbuckdown

bigbuckdown Guest

i've been talking to this fella bout this mathews mq32. i've never owned or shot a mathews is this a good quality bow? i know mathews makes real good quality bows but is this a lower end bow or is it a mid-level or top-end bow? i know its not a brand new z7 just want to know a little bit about it.any info would be appreciated.

2. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The MQ1 and the MQ31 (its smaller sibling) were some of the finest bows Mathews ever made... Granted, design has left them in the dust a little, but there's not a thing wrong with the MQ -- especially if you could nab it at a steal.

I probably wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for one, but you'd have a nice bow. Really not sure I'd pay more than a buck-fifty really, considering what you can pick up a two-year-old bow these days on the classifieds.

3. bigbuckdown

bigbuckdown Guest

thank you!

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That was my first Mathews bow. I still have it and keep it for a back-up. It is a fine bow.

5. bigbuckdown

bigbuckdown Guest

preciate ya feedback!

6. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've known 3 people who have shot the MQ, and have never heard a complaint.

7. bigbuckdown

bigbuckdown Guest

well i'm sad that it went sour ole boy tried to get over on me and i told him to keep it. he wanted my $200 blind and my brand new mckenzie target still in the plastic + $180.00 i said are you kidding me? he was serious i said hell no! so anybody that wants to sale a mathews mq32 at a decent price give me a hollar

8. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I havent owened either of those but did have the Q-2, its a nice solid shooter also!!

9. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That guy is off his rocker. :bash:

That said, I had an MQ 32 and it was a great bow. It killed a number of deer and my first hog in Florida.

Here's one fully accessorized for a good price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mathews-MQ32-Bo...CESSORIES-/180544441566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

10. robood

robood Newb

Dislikes Received:
    been huntin' with mq32 13 yrs. love it !!! got the wife one, loves her's too.maybe not quite as fast as new ones,but fast enough to take deer at 30 yds. before they can "jump the string". can't find a new bow as lite & quiet as the great ol' MQ32 !!!