Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Anybody else feeling this way?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mobow, Aug 14, 2008.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Don im feeling very confident as well right now. The only thing that i have been doing is alot of shooting. Hydrolic lift ??? Man your getting spoiled :cool:

2. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What do you think? ;)

I know we've got way more intelligence here than on HNI, but in case someone can't tell... there's three arrows in that pic. My first 30-yard group after some tweaking Sunday afternoon. :beer:

[​IMG]

3. ToddGraf

ToddGraf Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Greg, shooting robin hoods at 3 yards dont count!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still haven't transitioned out of 3D mode quite yet, our largest regional 3D event is coming up Labor Day weekend. Once that is over, I will go full bore with getting my hunting rigs setup and tuned.

I plan to have 2x seperate bows setup and ready to hunt with this year. I do have the first of those two bows already, and I have most of the parts/accessories here for it too. I am still waiting on Spot Hogg to get my new sight here, correct draw mods, and the time to get it setup and tweaked. I hope to have that bow done next week, and I'm sure the other bow will be here soon after.

I will start to shoot the hunting bows full time probably the first week in September. I can say I'm shooting the 3D bow great right now, I'm sure that will carry over to when I pick up the hunting bow. Anything within 50 yards of my stand on opening day that gives me the right shot is gonna be in trouble. :ninja:

5. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'll say this....If I wasn't jacked up, I am now!! I just checked my camera, (35 mm) and got a pic of a really big buck. Really big. It's not the best pic, but it's good enough I can see he's a solid upper 140 low 150 ten point...

That settles it though, I have GOT to get a decent digital cam. This crap is now officially over with....

6. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Mobo - If you have to get something, and don't want to drop $$$ I gotta say the Moultrie D-40 is as good as it gets for the price. I've got quite a few of them and they have all worked flawless for me and one of them has literally been in the woods now for over a year with probably 20,000 pics on it. The trigger speed isn't lightning fast, but quick enough if you angle it down the trails or put out corn, etc and the 2nd and 3rd pics (burst mode) are less than a second trigger speed. Justin and Todd have them on the website for $99 each.

Now show us this picture!!!

7. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks RJ, that's one of the cams I'm looking at. In fact, Cabelas has it on sale for 30% off.....

Yeah, there's gonna be a problem w/ the pic...It's on film, and I didn't get a disc made.....I suppose I can still get one, or I'm gonna need to find someone w/ a scanner......I THINK my mom has one...but I'm not sure...

8. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Take a pic of it with your camera or something........don't leave us hanging!! :deer:

9. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, well....this didn't work very well, but it's all I've got right now. All you can really see are his G2's in this pic, but as you can see, they look like spears. In the photo, you can see his rack....Man I can't wait to get my buddie's cuddeback out there Monday and see if I can get him again....Damn he's nice...

[​IMG]

10. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, this didn't work very well, but it's all I've got for ya. All you can really see in this are his G2's, which as you can see look like spears. In the photo, you can see his entire rack. I can't wait to get my buddies cuddeback out there monday and see if I can get him again....Damn he's nice.

[​IMG]

11. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's just a big spike you got there man!!:lol:

12. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO! Yeah, in this post that's exactly what he looks like.......But it's not....I keep looking at this photo, and it almost looks like he's got a split G2 on his right side....Man I wish he would have had his head up....

13. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Dono, thats a slammer ya got there :cool: could it be the drop tine from last season? or different area?

14. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Blood, that's the same field I saw the droptine last year. In fact, when I first saw the picture, that's who I thought it was. In fact, in my excited frame of mind, I text buckeye and told him I got a pic of the drop...

But upon further inspection, that's not him. I know what deer that is though, he and I have a history. I let him walk 2 years ago as a 6 pointer...Had him @ 12 yards with his nose buried in my mock scrape.....But modern game laws saved his life, and now I must say I'm glad ....I'm pretty sure that buck is a 3 1/2 y/o, and I've looked at that photo a LOT this afternoon. The pic I posted of him just doesn't work very well, but he's got a split G2 on his left side, no question. I know ya'll can't really see his rack in that photo, but I believe him to be mid 140's.....I'll say this, if he passes w/in 30 yards of my stand this fall.....He's not gonna get any bigger.

15. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up two more D-40s this morning while here working at Bass Pro's mother ship... On sale for $69.99 plus with my vendor discount, I walked out of the store with both of them for $127, tax and all.

16. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting all summer and practicing at all different distances, 15-50yds. I try to take harder & harder shots, such as between bushes, branches, etc. This past week shooting right at dusk so that my shooting skills adjust for the light difference. Just b4 season opens, I switch from my 3-d target to an actual photo of deer, to get used to their hair in low light conditions. I try to mimic it as closely as I can. the only thing I can't do, is shoot from an elevated position. Some day I'll build a tower to shoot off.

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My bow is shooting better than it has ever shot since I have owned it and it is an 04.It is mostly due to the new Whammy rest I have installed and tuned but I have to say it is more forgiving than any rest I have ever used.My confidence is sky high at this point.

18. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, I gotta say the Scoutguard 550 is frickin awesome. I was blown away at the size of it, fits in your palm small. you could hide it anywhere. 5.1 mp I think, good video too. runs on standard SD card...no flash at night, no red glare either, just slight whitish glow. My buddy just started dealin em and was showin em to me, they are freakin sweet. Pic quality, trigger speed, heck everything. Only fetch like 200 bucks too. I will have one by next spring. Awesome quality, so small it can be hidden where it is unlikely to be stolen, and half the price of similar units. these are sweet. I helped him hang a few of them the other day and was simply blown away.

What was weird about em, to me anyway, was that they are an enclosed unit...no door that opens. you program it by plugging in the little handheld remote that looks like an ipod. pretty slick little camera. Once I buy one off him, Ill post up a full review with pics. this thing is about the size of a can of coke.

19. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Confidence defintely up. Shoot @ 50 yds, everything in the kill zone. Everything else is gravy. Don't know if it's the bow or I'm acutally improving. I have been concentrating on my form, holding the exact same anchor point every time, that sort of thing.
    I've also been shooting at dusk to get used to the lighting. I may start shooting early tomorrow morning at sun up to get used to pulling the bow back that early.
    A friend of mine says when season gets close he shoot only one arrow. Afterall, you usually only get one arrow when it's go time. So he pictures in his mind this is the one & only shot, it's make or break.

20. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Confidence defintely up. Shoot @ 50 yds, everything in the kill zone. Everything else is gravy. Don't know if it's the bow or I'm acutally improving. I have been concentrating on my form, holding the exact same anchor point every time, that sort of thing.
    I've also been shooting at dusk to get used to the lighting. I may start shooting early tomorrow morning at sun up to get used to pulling the bow back that early.
    A friend of mine says when season gets close he shoot only one arrow. Afterall, you usually only get one arrow when it's go time. So he pictures in his mind this is the one & only shot, it's make or break.