Any Obsession bow shooters here?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alaska at heart, Jul 5, 2016.

1. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting Prime bows for well over 3 years and am pretty satisified with my Rivals. However a buddy has been shooting both Prime and Obsession bows for the past couple years and keeps telling me how nice the Obsession bows shoot. He has a Knightmare and Phoenix, along with a Prime Ion that he rotates through. Being retired, he sometimes shoots all 3 in the same day.....LOL Anyone else care to chime in with some feedback about a particular Obsession model and their likes/dislikes?

2. dink

dink Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting a Phoenix. It is the smoothest bow I have ever shot. It will probably be replaced by another Obsession.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am currently shooting the Def-Con M6. I recently switched to Obsession from a Mathews HTR. For years I had shot Elite then parts got little hard to get when they were first sold so I switch to Hoyt, then Mathews. This year I was looking for a bow with certain specs.

IBO 350+
    Brace 6+
    A2A 33+

The Def-Con met those specs so I went to a dealer a few hours away and shot one. It reminded me of the Elite draw cycle and valley. I also like the grip as its was very much like the Elite.

So you ask why not shoot Elite? Well Elite didn't have the IBO numbers I was looking for. Speed to me is not as important as momentum but with my short draw length, either 26.5 or 27, I needed something with a little more speed to get the numbers I wanted there. The Obsession delivered them all.

I was looking at them last year as well but did not care for the cable slide on the 2015 models. It was plastic and several people had complained about it eating up the cables. The new cable rollers on the 2016 models fixed that as far as I can tell.

The Def-Con is quiet and accurate. Aesthetically I think the Mathews looks better but functionally the Def-Con performs just as well in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

4. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just switched from an HTR to an Obsession K34 today. My shop carries Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Obsession, Bear and Prime. The owner is a pro shooter for Mathews and with me in mid TN and the shop in KY, it was a 2hr drive one way.

I spent almost 6hr there and told them to set up a bunch of bows @65# and 28.5 and keep them flowing until I said next and don't tell me the brand or price. I made a conscious effort to not pay attention whatsoever to what I was shooting. Only thing was on the HTX and Halon I just knew what they were and those double cam things on Prime I knew it was Prime but not the model.

When I drew one of the Primes(Rize?) it felt good. When I started shooting the Obsession K34 I apparently made a happy face and just kept shooting it. Draw is amazing, my first bow with limb stops and love 'em, from HTR to 344 IBO it's scary fast to me, tuned fine just eyeballing and then small tweaks - I love it so far.

5. nontypical223

nontypical223 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting obsession for the past two years. I've owned the evolution and now the defcon m6. If you shoot one you'll love it just don't expect them to make IBO all the time , because they over inflate there bows. Still fast as you can get with that kind of draw. They're quite and dead in the hand. Not to mention one of the better looking bows out there.

6. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best bow I've ever had....Obsession Fusion 7......Fantastic bow!
    My Bow Obsession M7.jpg