Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Any Ideas on how to try and get bucks in daylight?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ernmcburn, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ernmcburn

ernmcburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So every single night I have giant bucks coming into my spots. None in daylight. Its always half an hour before light or half an hour after dark. Its frustrating. Anyone have any ideas what I can change to try to get them to come in in daylight? I always hunt on good wind and use scent killer. I don't know should I just hope one follows in a doe?

2. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wait...................

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sit it out during the rut. I only had night pictures of the buck I killed last year... the time will come

4. Skylar oren

Skylar oren Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can either wait or be aggressive. If they are coming in 30 mins after dark then they are not bedding far away. You can take the chance on moving in a little closer to catch them before darkness. but then you take the chance of bumping into them in the bed. it can be very effective if you play the cards right if they are still in some what of a pattern.

5. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just have to be where they are at that time. If they aren't getting to the food sources or field scrapes until dark then it doesn't make much sense to hunt field edges. You need to move closer to their bedroom. How close without getting busted is the ultimate question...
    Other option is to hunt the does and when the time is right bucks will be there come daylight

6. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still to warm for the most part, the colder mornings high 30's low 40's have kicked up the most buck activity in my area, warmer mornings of 50+ been much more quiet.