Any fisherman wear Columbia waders?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Buck Magnet, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have had a broken St. Croix Spinning rod for almost a year and finally decided to get a new top section today. After placing that order I decided it was time to update my waders and boots so I looked for the best deal that I could find, money wise, and places an order for some Columbia Impqua waders and Columbia Freshwater wading boots. I got the pair for much less than what the waders cost alone when they came out. I honestly went blindly into this purchase based entirely on cost and reputation and have no experience with Columbia's wading products. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with them and if you would find the pair for less than $150 to be a good deal.

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I can't speak for their waders. But I have TONS of Columbia fishing and hunting gear. Love it all

3. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know how those boots workout, I need a new pair. What kind of bottoms did you get? Felt, spikes, etc? I have had a pair of comlumbia hiking boots that I've worn to death and they are still holding up great.

4. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how the waders work out. I don't have any experience with them. I just purchased some Dry-Plus waders last season and they're working great.

Have you looked into Korkers? I know they're a little pricey, but they are NICE. I have the Metalheads, and the interchangeable soles are pretty slick not to mention I love the BOA lacing system (my new trails shoes have them as well).

5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have 1000 grain insulate columbia waders for duck hunting and so far they've been great. Warm, dry and rather robust for waders.