Any Bowtech Shooters?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Moose, Oct 10, 2017.

1. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a Bowtech rpm 360, I've had the limbs delaminate/crack on me for the last two years in a row. Last year was a month before bow season opener and this year was opening day while sitting in the tree stand on my lap....

2. Firek920

Firek920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally have had many issues with bowtech limbs delaminating. 101’st airborn, rpm 360 and destroyer. Now with that said bowtech was fantastic to work with on the issues. I loved shooting there bows

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Carbon Knight, love it. It has a bit of an aggressive draw cycle with the binary cams, drawing it at 65 lbs feels about the same as drawing my old Alpine Denali at 70 lbs. It is easily adjusted for draw length and has an adjustable draw stop. The draw stop is supposed to be set on a specific setting per your draw length setting, but you can fudge it a notch either way to tweak the valley without any issues. I did have it go out of time once, contrary to the "slaved" together that they claim. I've had zero limb issues and they still look new to this day. I also gave $550 for mine new, bare bow. I also found a burr on my top cam when I first got it, used a fine file to make it smooth and have had no string wear issues. Mine looked like maybe someone at the shop had bumped it against something, as it was on the outside edge of the cam. It is really light, I find that 3 oz.'s of weight on the end of my B-Stinger Hunter stabilizer really helps to settle down the float. Shooting the same 385 grain arrows as I used with my Alpine it is quite a bit faster, the Alpine at 70 lbs shot 268 and this Bowtech is at 306 with same poundage (27.5" draw), getting 297 out of it at 65 lbs. The carbon riser is nice in the cold weather...your hand will still eventually get cold but it takes a while longer for that to happen vs. an aluminum riser. I have zero regrets overall with the bow. I've been eyeballing a SR6, but haven't got around to test shooting one yet since I'm pleased with this CK.

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great bow! It was the first bow I bought when I started archery hunting about 6 years ago and loved it. I did end up upgrading but it was accurate, light and fun to shoot. Took several turkey and my first 2 bucks with it. Wish I still had it. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

The Carbon Knight does not have split limbs so I don't think you'll have to worry about the limb de-lamination as with the other models potentially. Although one thing you might have to check into is the upper cam. I apologize if I don't use the right terms here but bear with me...... When I got mine in 2013, the upper cam was machined literally like a smidge smaller than it should have been where the string runs through the grove. Eventually it wore on the string and the string almost broke. I took it to my local shop and Bowtech replaced the cam free of charge. The good news is Bowtech corrected this issue quickly on the rest of the bows and it only affected a minimal number sold. More good news is if your buddy has shot the bow for even a couple years, it would/should have been corrected if it were an issue.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

like this?

Attached Files:

6. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My previous bow was a Bowtech Carbon Icon, within the first year I had an issue of my top cam grinding when drawing because of a loose bolt. I have a Mathews now, and it is by far the smoothest drawing bow I have ever shot.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes exactly like that. The groove was machined too narrow and will continue to cause damage to the cable/string as you see. I'd get it to a bow show ASAP and see if they can get a new cam from Bowtech. I know they don't make the bow anymore but I pretty sure they still use the same cams on current bows.