Any advice on blood sport grave digger

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mississippi hoyt shooter, Nov 30, 2016.

1. mississippi hoyt shooter

mississippi hoyt shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Want to hear opinions on this hybrid head

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. rossragan

rossragan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No advice but I switched to it this fall after trying several different broadheads looking for one that flew most like my field tips. I think the deploying mechanical blades are a little light for large animals and getting the tension set correctly after changing the factory setting is no easy task. They took down a 3yr old 11 point whitetail nicely for me this October but I question whether both wings deployed since the arrow curved after entering the deer such that it came out the dead-center brisket rather than opposite side but it still cut the second lung and dropped it at 150 yards. Never found the arrow.

3. Donkey Deerz

Donkey Deerz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the 125gr chisel tips. They fly exactly like my field points. I have taken one deer with them at 40 yards. I got a pass though with a huge blood trail to where he was piled up 45 yards away. I high lungs and sliced the liver. I am very impressed with them. They are sharp and I didn't have any problems adjusting the tension.

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They work well but like anything its up to you to put it in the vitals. The idea is a good concept as it creates one that has a less chance of complete failure. I tested them last year and they flew well and killed quickly. I loosened the tension screw and set it so it required a little effort to open and everything worked fine. But like I said if you do your job it will do its job. :tu: