Answer this question honestly

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BJE80, Oct 16, 2014.

1. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    exactly, totally agree....should be the only reason XBow are used, or by small/young children....

2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What???
    Lol....elitist .... if you are able to use a recurve, you should not be allowed to use a compound ....see how that works...

Really, some of you can't see the forest through the trees...

3. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

honestly why does a opinion by someone bother people so much....asked a simple question and we answer it only to be basically told that we are wrong, good you and countless others see nothing wrong with it...IN MY HONEST OPINION (not bible, not truth) I don't like them....big freakin deal, move on all ready, sorry for the rant but geez

4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's when statements are made that they should not be allowed except in.certain situations that it goes beyond how YOU feel. I can't understand why someone cares what someone else hunts with during archery ...

Look at the jamoke I quoted before you....your statement, while less out there, is about the same....

5. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like what someone said about crossbows lacking the draw right before the shot, and the challenges that brings to bowhunting.

Personally, yes, I think crossbow kills should be labeled as such in record books. But I also think traditional bows kills should be recognized too.
    If each weapon is different enough to employee different hunting strategies based on their attributes, ie, you wouldn't setup outside of twenty yards with a longbow or recurve, outside of about 40 with a compound, and say 80 with a scoped crossbow: or take how long you can hold the shot after the draw- a few seconds, over a minute, indefinitely; then I think each deserves to be recognized when it takes a trophy.
    IMHO, ofcourse.