Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I really don't know if I should've or not, but I'm sick of being cooped up in the house in covid isolation. So I decided I would get a little exercise in. I went to the park, although it was below 30° and did a couple mile run. I gotta admit, I felt better afterwards. I'll probably try it again tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Justin, cantexian and Westfinger like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I spent Saturday - Wednesday last week cleaning up my in-law's property. Never stepped on a scale, but, I know I lost a few pounds even with the Thanksgiving holiday just based on slight improvement in my abs in what I see in the mirror. Split my time Friday-Sunday hunting with my older boys and catching up on work on my own house.

Just finished my first workout in about 10 days.

Five rounds of 30 second plank, 5 pull ups, 5 push ups, 5 lunges/leg with 25lb KB, 1 minute of jump rope

Three rounds of DB Chest Press 8 reps @ 55lbs, KB Rows 12 reps/side at 60lbs, Lateral Raises 12 reps at 12lbs, 1 minute of Jump Rope

Westfinger and Justin like this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of weeks off during my "battle" with C19 combined with a month of hunting and eating like crap has me looking a little fluffy and feeling like crap, so I decided to get back on the low-carb train for a few months. This isn't exactly the easiest time of year to do that, but I'm getting after it. My wife is not happy about it since all she eats is carbs and it makes cooking family meals more difficult, but it is what it is!

Hit the gym yesterday morning - pull day combined with 35 minutes on the stair bastard.

This morning I got on my spin bike at home for the first time in probably 6 months. My performance wasn't as good as it was then, but it wasn't terrible either. Thankfully I've been keeping my cardio up at least 2-3 times a week even during hunting season, so I'm not starting from zero. I finished about the middle of the pack and squeezed out around 11 miles in a 5 min warmup and 30 minute class.

4. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been back at it hard these last couple days. Doing full body bro workout. BJJ for cardio. Picked up a nice shiner last night. Better than a real injury. Need to start running a little more often as I’m sure we will run a half or two this spring.

stay after it!

virginiashadow and Justin like this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    why did I do a sprint workout with my daughter yesterday?

6. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Probably for the same reason my four-year-old calls me, "Punching Bag Daddy"

virginiashadow likes this.
  7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    My youngest is 13. She wont turn 18 until the summer after she graduates hs. She is young for her grade but man she is growing like crazy and she wants to be good. Keeps asking me to train her hard. Two nights ago we did split squats, box jumps, all kinds of things then finished off hitting the boxing pads for 10 mins. She is already 5 foot 7 and has these long legs. We get em muscled up and she will be very fast. Lots of work to do.

Westfinger and cantexian like this.
  8. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    My 4-year-old is a stereotypical rough and tough boy. He is the same size my oldest was at five. My oldest is in the 92nd percentile for height at the age of 10 and is already wearing the same size shoes as me. My oldest is going to be tall guy. If my youngest keeps growing like this, he will be a giant of a man.

9. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hit 45 minutes on the Alpine Runner today, 20% incline at 3.0 mph pace.

Westfinger and pastorjim08 like this.
  10. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have gained about 6-7 pounds since bow season started. Boy can I tell. Still lifting as normal but I did get away from cardio for about 5 months. back to running 4x a week now. and i hate it!

Westfinger likes this.
  11. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    First time in gym today since covid. That took something out of me but I WILL get back to where I was!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm stuck again though last two weeks O have been going up and down every other day 4-5#s...No idea as to why.

13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Chest Shoulders Triceps today. Did 1 minute of jump rope at the end of each circuit for a total of 15 minutes of jump rope.

Westfinger likes this.
  14. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    the human body fluctuates 4-5 lbs throughout the day. Water retention is the culprit. Weigh yourself in the mornings before you do anything, aside from going to the bathroom.

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    4 days of exhaustion. I wonder if getting sick last month pushed me over the edge to chronic exhaustion. I'm not hunting or doing anything close to a hard workout again until my energy rises.

16. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you. I haven’t had any recent illnesses but I don’t have as much energy as I feel like I should.
    I can go hard for a couple days but then it takes a couple days to recover and get the energy up to get back at it hard.
    It’s been a couple years since I had any blood work done and I’m due for some other stuff (Colonoscopy anyone?). I’m going to check all that stuff.
    I’ve adjusted my macros a little to get enough carbs and fat in my diet since I’m running a slight deficit in my calories.
    Frustrating, I feel like a kid until I see all the grey in my beard..

stay after it.

17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you. A week ago I started getting mild symptoms of whatever I got sick with a month ago. Sweating...headache...exhaustion. I laid on the couch for 3 days. It's been a week and I'm finally feeling a little energy push. No hunting or workouts bc I'm worried that will send me right back to being sick. My eating and stuff has been pretty good but I'm always looking to improve. I'll be 47 soon so that may be part of it. Haha.

Westfinger likes this.
  18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hiked 3 miles at 20% on the Alpine Runner on Monday. Yesterday I hit Power Cleans and Pull Ups for five rounds then did some extra back and core work.

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.
  19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Did a max lift deadlifts today with the trap bar: 145lbs x 5, 195 x 3, 235 x 1, 285 x 1, 325 x 1, 365 x 1, 415 x 1, 455 x 1, 400 x 3. 455lbs is a 10lb jump from my previous max of 445lbs back in June. I probably could have gone 465 or 475 but that would have required using chalk. I prefer to limit myself to what my grip can handle unassisted.

This was my last in gym work out until after the New Year. I am going to change things up a little bit in January two days of heavy lifting on Tuesdays and Fridays with Power Cleans and Deadlifts being the primary lifts, respectively. Going to cut hiking down to Mondays with sprints and conditioning on Wednesdays. Thursdays will be an easy/recovery day.

20. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    This is the first week since I got over the 'Rona that I am doing full workouts again. I kinda went easy the last two weeks cause I still felt a little ran down. But this week I'm feeling 100% again. As a matter of fact, I've been going to the gym twice a day all week. Stay after it guys!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

virginiashadow and Westfinger like this.