Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    are you on the keto diet?

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not strick, but low carb. I was told late June by doctor I was insulin resisant and needed to go low carb. Thus all this weight loss. Basic, no breads, pastas, high carb veggies and fruits, juices. Lots of brassica, greens. Some cheese,cream,or half and half, usual meats but did switch to legs and thighs for chicken, eggs , a little bacon. Fasting 18 -23 hrs usually just 18-19. Tea, morning coffee and water. Propel if I'm out sweating. Olive oil over butter. Butter was something to put on my morning raisin english muffin which is no more. Treats occational keto pizza and once a month keto ice cream. Both I make. No fat bombs and snacks

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Im wondering if the low carb and the long fasting are taking it's toll...

4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know, I'm never actually hungry anymore so I time meals to make sure I eat and I eat a lot when I do. Mixing bowl sized salads, packed with veggies. 8 oz. of steak or ham or chicken for lunch with salad then a regular salad and ,well dinner at 6. Plus vitamins, mineral suppliments each evening. Speaking of late getting dinner...coleslaw,fish, zucchini air fries ,collards....hubby gets his air fried potatoes.

Vabowman likes this.
  5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I've been grounded. Dr said no tree stands until we figure this out.
    1. Could be a virus causing the virtgo, which usually lasts a week or two.
    2. My weight loss with my current BP meds could be causing low BP.
    So I'm doing " Everything perfectly " with the low carb diet and exercise as well as fasting.
    I now have to take my BP EVERY morning and if I'm consistently 100 top 76 bottom I need to call him
    If I drop below those It needs to be THAT day.
    I walked into the office right after having a blow out at local grocery store. In managers office the F bomb got released. Now I sometimes make reference to it here but, NEVER in public or a business. So that tells you my state of mind ,BTW, I actually like the manager. Then top it off I'm 9 miles from nearest anything and where's my wallet on the buffet at home. Still BP was only 128 / 78 pulse 64. I mean I was so mad I was sweating bullets. Long story just say BS..total, we are holding a deposit hostage BS, either keep buying your water here or you won't get that deposit back even if you return the bottles.
    So Thank God for all my ground blinds and shorter shooting houses.
    Ha..while typing this the water company called to let us know EXACTLY what's what... Out comes the big guns...we are freinds with the store owner...manager gets just One more chance.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did another incline walk on the treadmill. 25lb pack this time. Between 3 to 4% incline for 30 min. Covered 2.1 miles. Man that is no fun.

Westfinger likes this.
  7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I deserved a treat tonight so made mason jar chocolate keto ice cream. Trick add a tbs of vodka for a dbl bach to keep ice crystals from forming and keep it from getting rock hard...oh my very little goes a long way and was so creamy good

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Suck it up buttercup.

9. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    'Bout to head out for my exercise session. Since our season starts Thursday I probably won't be getting as many sessions in. Gotta make these count this week. Keep gettin after it boys and girls!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Brett
    OK, I really lucked out as it was only a 270yd pack, but this is the why (see pic).

But don't overlook downhill too...

And we need to get you out west. 20200921_131352.jpeg

11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky Mountain bugle tube? I think I have the same one.

Did a 2.5 mile bow hike with my older boys on Saturday scouting/teaching them how to move quietly in the woods. Upper body lift today

Westfinger and wl704 like this.
  12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    man, 5 sets of 3 on the bench 250 lbs ..my chest and shoulders are screaming today! going back today for back work then a day of rest.. keep at boys and girl!

Westfinger likes this.
  13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back to the Y this morning for the bottcamp group class. Rest of the facility is open, if you have a Dr's. Note-what a PITA

virginiashadow and Westfinger like this.
  14. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gym sessions going good, managed to get a couple runs in too. I even got a warm up set of deer drag in.

Stay after it but get out and hunt too!

virginiashadow and wl704 like this.
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Switching all my workouts over to HIT workouts for the next 6 weeks. With work and the grind of hunting, I am not going to extend myself out to far and get in a position to get sick. 20 to 30 min workouts that are hard and taxing and call it a day.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Love the cycle, getting in hunting exercise lots of walking. Apparently sitting still freezing helps lose weight...lol 35#s
    Yes I did mention very active but not a small person...getting there.......Not due to exercise for me though. It was all in the carbs, period. Not calories just carbs. 2 yrs at the gym 3 days a week 4 hours per day. 10 to 16 miles on bike or elliptical and weight training plus 100 sit ups and planks per session...15 #'s. Great muscle tone...lol Cut out carbs 35 in 3 months.

virginiashadow likes this.
  17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hiked about three mile Saturday between hunting and scouting. Today was an upper body lift followed by 20 minutes of inclined walking at 12-15% without a load. I am going to slowing reduce my hiking weight this month with the anticipation of being tired more time spent hunting. I will increase the incline on the treadmill to keep the cardio up while taxing the muscles less.

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Load the pack up to 45 pounds go flat and do 3 miles under 45 minutes, I am curious if you will find that trying? That was the pack test we had to take to do fire. You have to walk not jog 1 foot must always be on the ground. Jogging it is easy the required speed walking is difficult.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    That would be pretty taxing at that speed. But I'm stubborn and like challenges.

Sota likes this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The downhill is the worst I can go upstairs just fine, I go down and it sounds like popcorn ligaments rubbing on bone. Working downslope with weight sucks.