Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    did a push up workout and another hill sprint workout with the stroller and daugther, then went with my buddy to bjj tonight, good stuff.

virginiashadow likes this.
  2. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Liking the hill sprints with the stroller, kill 2 birds with 1 stone. And BJJ is a helluva cardio workout.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sprints will make a man out of you and your wife will be thankful. Your mojo wil get stronger as you keep it up. Next heavy deadlifting and squatting, sprinting is the best exercise for naturally increasing testosterone levels.

I did sprints again this morning. That was after I deadlifted yesterday afternoon with a client. The deadlifting was four hours after the five-mile run.

Yesterday’s deadlifts were five rep sets of 135, 185, 225, 250, 275, 300 ,225, 225, and 225.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was always a sprinter and heavy lower body lifter. But at coming on 45 yrs old it is getting a little harder. Ha

Did Bjj for many years starting in my mid 20s. Best shape of my life.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cantexian likes this.
  5. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Situation: Pack in four miles with 75lb pack, carrying another 20lbs in my hands. Five years ago, 110lbs more, 60yrs old........problem! Now, 5 yrs later 110lbs gone, regular workouts, eating right.........no problem!!! Can I get a witness?!?!? This whole process has been absolutely life changing! Sorry about the bragging but it's been a great journey so far.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hit gym again today, they got some new equipment and moved layout around so theres more room now. Which is nice since do alot with bars and dumbells. Did some lower body accessory stuff with squats and deads. Didn't go heavy at at all on squats cause did alot reps on deadlift. Did sets of 3 to 5 on 130, 220, and 310. Threw 400 on but didn't get it. Pretty big jump from last week doin 360 I guess but I've done it before and felt good. Last week felt easy but I think since hurt myself while back I have some kind of block once get over 360. Seems like once get 3 plates on can't get much passed that and freeze up. But it'll give me something to work for. After that dropped down to 220 and did 3 more sets of 5.

Idk it's been said but amount of weight really don't matter. Especially since not working toward a comp or anything but I like having a goal to stay motivated and right now that goal is to increase my deadlift. Goal was 400 and I hit that while ago so now bumped it up. Probably unrealistic and really no point to do it bit would like a 2x bw, which would be 480.

virginiashadow and pastorjim08 like this.
  7. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hiked 60 minutes with a 25 lb pack on the treadmill during my lunch break today. I have to wait a couple of more days to recover from my wisdom teeth being pulled before I can get back to heavy lifting.

8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Work and travel this week has made this the worst workout week of the year. Only thing I can control is my diet and I've done a decent job. Feel like a slob.

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Had some good workouts. Yesterday started with the elliptical and then did 4 sets of super sets of pullups followed by squats. A lot of muscles used and it taxed my system. Finished up with power cleans and shoulders.

Today I ran a mile and a half and walked two miles before doing pushups to failure for four sets. Worn out now as it is 90 degrees.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  11. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did a 3 mile run with the stroller today 30 minutes, I suck at running so much. I will say since I took the time to do some research on the right way to run it has helped me 10 fold. I used to get a ton of pain in my hips and knees on a 2 mile run. today was just over 3 and I feel 100%.
    I really hate not being able to lift heavy though. I dont have a gym membership so im limited to mostly bodyweight stuff and a 75ish lb sandbag. But Id like to crank some heavy lift just a few times a month

12. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    6.5 miles in 50 minutes this morning followed by 30 push ups and 30 pull ups. Hoping to get in some power cleans this afternoon if work is slow.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Kfili, pastorjim08 and virginiashadow like this.
  13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent

cantexian likes this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This weekend worked the legs pretty good. My dog tired on our hike Sat morning so my pack hike (80#) was cut short...it was 90 at 10am, so it was a mixed blessing.

Sun, I pushed it: lunges, front & rear squats pyramids and leg presses. Tweaked a knee on the presses so I kept the weight down.

Feeling it this morning.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    It was so hot at work this week and the pollen count was off the charts. I got dehydrated for several days. Felt like my body was like a brick. I drank at least a cup of water every waking hour and could not catch up. I have never been susceptible to cramps but the last two days I have gotten cramps in my feet and calves. Hoping the electrolytes I have been drinking are gonna help or this workout today is gonna hurt.

16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea this heat as sucked around here too. We went from 70's to 80's up to high 90's and lots of humidity withing couple days. This far kid wasn't ready for that ha.

Keep pounding the water tho man, I'm in same boat last few days. Been eating alot of bananas too. Idk if it actually helps but haven't been getting cramps as bad so something has gotta be working.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you're getting calcium and potassium too. Some electrolytes are really just fixated on sodium.

Cheese, which pairs nicely with just about every after hrs drink, my calcium source of choice.

18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Added four sets of KB Clean Presses for six reps per arm with 50lbs and four sets of KB Split Squat with 25lbs to the run from this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday was hiking 4.5 miles in 75 minutes with a 35lb pack. Today I ran 5 miles in 40:32 followed by 40 pull ups and 40 push ups. I may dead lift this afternoon with one of personal training clients.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    You are on fire. Good work!

cantexian likes this.