Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have fluid trainers from Cyclops that you mount your road bike in and they work great. We hook our bike computers up to the back wheel so you can log all your miles and RPM's, speed, etc., Something to consider if you already have bikes.

Rollers are fun to ride also and give you more of a road feel, but definitely take some practice. Biking is definitely great exercise.

2. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tynimiller - I do keto as well. Forget the cauliflower crust and stick with the cheese base, 10 x better.

2 cups mozzarella
    1 1/2 cups of almond flower
    Pizza Seasoning

Microwave cheese and seasoning in a bowl for 90 seconds
    Add half the flower and mash with a spoon until mixed together
    Add second half of flower and continue to mix together until you have your "dough".
    - Its more of a folding motion rather than a mixing motion
    Roll it out thin
    Place dough on pre heated pizza stone
    Bake at 400 degrees for 5 - 7 mins
    Take out, add sauce, cheese and toppings and bake another 5 to 7 mins
    I usually end up broiling the top to get a nice good golden brown color.

Best Keto Pizza out there

Good luck

Westfinger and kjstaudt86 like this.
  3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there brother! I was 6'5, 170lbs when I graduated highschool... Hit the weights when I was about 20-21 and I am 31 now and weigh 235. Stay committed and you'll see the weight come on. I still have a crazy high metabolism at my age but it is catching me finally.

Wiscohunter likes this.
  5. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds pretty damn good actually

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen some roller fails on YouTube. Doesn' Look fun.

7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll agree with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m right there with you weighed 238 this morning. If I can get back down to 10-12% body fat and stick to a good diet and training it should put me in the 215-220 Range. I feel so good at that weight when I’m in shape too.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Westfinger likes this.
  10. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love reading this thread and seeing everyone’s success.

Sophomore year of high school I was in horrendous shape and I realized if I wanted to keep playing baseball I had to do something. I was 242 at my biggest.

Fast forward to my senior year, I’m sitting at 6’0” 210 right now and have never been stronger in my life. I’m trying to get down to 200 and slim down and get a little more shredded before I head off to play college baseball this fall. I workout 5-6 days a week and have just started adding abs and doing more cardio. It’s all in what you eat I have found out. Working out only does so much if you’re not eating the right food. I try to eat as few carbs as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westfinger likes this.
  11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I suppose I'll chime in.

Last year around this time I was floating in the 230-235 range, which was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life. Some time in June myself, Rick James and Dustin DeCroo decided we'd had enough of being fat boys and decided to have a fun weight loss contest. On 10/1 when we weighed in I was 196. After that I dropped a few more pounds through October and got to 193 by mid November. Once Thanksgiving hit I ate like a fatty and didn't work out as much and weighed in at 202 on New Year's Day. Since then I've been experimenting with time restricted eating where I only eat from 12:00 to 8:00 each day. I've been back in the gym 2-3 times a week and being semi-conscious about what I'm eating. So far I've dropped 6 lbs and I'm back down to 196. My ultimate goal is to get down to 180, as I haven't seen that weight since probably high school. Realistically hoping to be there by 6/1, but it's going to take some work and a little more attention to diet than I'm doing right now.

Westfinger likes this.
  12. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it is, there seems to be a lot of adjustment. The seat can be moved height wise and distance from handle bars.. the handle bars can be moved up and down.

13. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since I started my program 3yrs ago, I can't imagine not working out regularly now. It's such a mood lifter for me, especially during these dreary winter months. The upside is good mood, added energy levels, keeping this old body toned, and helping me to maintain my weight loss. The downside is the more I exercise the more I want to do. Good luck to everyone on this journey. Enjoy the ride!

Blessings............Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Westfinger likes this.
  14. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I admire you guys for doing what your getting done. I am about 25 over normal also. Picked it up last winter and never lost it as I normally do during spring. I can not to the bicycle as knees are bad, one has been replaced. Level walking is OK but up hill kills me fast. Result of being 77. Do some exercise in door but more for keeping the leg and back muscles in shape. Not doing a thing for the weight. Big problem is I like to eat to well and have a darn good cook. 90% of the exercise machines that are bought are not in use after a year. Ware houses are full of used machines at good prices, so is Salvation Army but those usually need work. About time to get the chain saw out. Best "exercise" machine I have found for me.

Westfinger and dnoodles like this.
  15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Reading through this thread while I'm devouring a giant apple fritter.

Need to get back in the gym...

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I usually do not gain weight unless I am on the road. When I am home I eat the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch every day so it is pretty easy to monitor my intake. I make a conscious effort to stay on my feet and active in the evenings, gets kinda hard to do this in the winter. I like to ride bike it is a good low impact excersize, I did made the mistake of buying a fancy road bike I will be going back to a hybrid bike I don't like fixing flat tires on the road bike.

Westfinger likes this.
  17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

lol - I was eating my EggBeater omelette w/ chicken and cheddar.
    I hadn't heard of the 16:8 or 12:00 - 8 calorie intake approach. Going to try that.

I've gained 30# in 2.5 years since I got married. I was really feeling the extra weight this deer season and since the beginning of this month I've been getting back on the health wagon slowly. For me at 40yo it's simple- lay off the beer, only small amounts of whole grain 1x per day (no potatoes or white rice) and use only clarified butter, olive or coconut oil for cooking. No red meat I didn't kill (inc. ground- no added fat in my venison.)
    If I've been a good boy and worked out then I allow myself a (that's one) whiskey at night.

30-60 minutes of cardio 3-5x week. Once I lose 15-20# I'll start lifting again- I can still gain muscle mass really fast so I want to get my metabolism back up before I start hitting iron and drinking protein.

I'm hoping to lose the 30 in time for September elk in CO...

Westfinger likes this.
  18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I love me some apple fritters. We pretty much lived off them last Spring when we traveled to KS to turkey hunt. When I finally got motivated enough to want to lose weight and started looking at calories in the stuff I had been eating I was flat out appalled. A single fritter typically has more calories in it that I now eat in an entire meal. No wonder I was packing on weight like it was my job.

Put down the fitter and slowly step away.

dnoodles and pastorjim08 like this.
  19. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That right there is a huge key.........looking closely at the calories you are consuming. Once that becomes a reality you are really ready to get serious.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Westfinger likes this.
  20. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Reading the replies from this morning while I'm inhaling 3 pieces of pizza for lunch.

I need to get back to the gym...