Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same here at 43.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Low 240s 6 months ago to this....finally around 225. 10 more lbs to go to reach my goal of 215.

Did 3 sets of the following, 5 burpees, 10 pushups, 5 burpees, 10 pushups, 5 burpees, 10 pushups..jog one minute then another set, jog one minute then another set, jog one minute then 10 jump squats, 20 shoulder raises, 10 jump squats, 20 shoulder raises, 10 jump squats, 20 shoulder raises then right into ab work. 15 minute workout in 90 degree weather. Done. [​IMG]

Westfinger and Wiscohunter like this.
  3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some you guys are making good progress, that's awesome. I haven't posted here since feels like the beginning but i just now started back to gym this past week. Messed up my back beginning of summer and never really got it fixed until bout month ago. Partly to being stubborn and partly because can't remember I'm almost 35 and bot 25 anymore and that stuff doesn't go away on its own anymore. Still been struggling little with diet but I've cut out soda and alot of junk food used to buy at gas station every morning on way to job site. Now usually get some kind of peanuts or almonds and if want something sweet bottle of apple juice. Hoping to gear up for winter cause thats worse tome for me being laid off from construction job and eating from bordom. Started a new lifting program bout a week ago thats heavy some days then light and high reps others with cardio. Right now I'm 6'3 and between 240 and 250 usually sometimes fluctuates 5#'s either way. Know your supposed to set a goal but im not real worried biut the number on scale right now, more so where that weight is. Which is mid section. Having only got back to for about a month right now just trying to build cardio and build strength back up from back being injured. Then hopefully can focus on starting to drop some lb. Hoping to get back to about 220-225.

But anyway ha, good luck guys keep grinding.

virginiashadow and Westfinger like this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0577.jpg
    I am in midseason form, hand splitting oak. 1 swing split using my trusty 13# maul. I know I am hitting it well when you see a spark when you hit the wood.

Westfinger and Justin like this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice. Those branches can get ugly. It seems elm used to be especially bad...back when I was the log splitter.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I hate those last chunks that are bigger than that left over when you drop a few trees, I don't do elm, elm sucks to split.

7. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jumping in on here, the wife and I decided to start eating better just for our overall health and I knew I had some pounds I could lose. Cut out all the processed sugar and carb crap and started working out mainly with a sandbag to get some more compound movements going. Loving the sandbag workouts. Also at work there is a 28 day miles challenge (total miles walked) top 3 winners get a prize, 1-Apple watch 2nd fitbit 3rd 100 DSG giftcard. I hate running but started walking/running and after 3 days Im in a narrow lead with 42 miles. I did get a blister today though so hopefully that wont slow me down too much. Unfortunately I also am skipping my workouts for the sake of running/walking to try to win this dumb thing

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kfili- Come on over you can walk behind my deck mower and get at least 12 miles walked.

Westfinger and Kfili like this.
  9. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just put in another 15 miles today for my competition 1st place is an apple watch, 2nd is a fitbit watch. I should definitely come in at least 2nd already thinking about what im gonna buy with the money im gonna get when I sell the watch. I know Im gonna get some climbing sticks, not sure what else...

Westfinger likes this.
  10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Good work!

11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Goal is to be below 220lbs by next Wed. Haven't been below 220 in probably over 6 years. I'm getting close. Bring it.

pastorjim08 and Westfinger like this.
  12. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Summers over, time to let the abs smooth over. Calories are getting bumped up, currently up to 2400. I'll continue to bring them up slowly to around 2800. Changed up the training a little. Dropping the bootcamp stuff and focusing on compounds. With the season kicking off in another week training will be short and limited to high yield lifts.

Stay after it.

13. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    challenge is completed, it ended early, so in 25 days I did a total of 332 miles. First place was 349. I came in second and third place was 194 so it was a close race between first and second. I won a fitbit (still dont know what model) but i plan on selling it and buying a thirdhand archery bowholder, climbing sticks, and some sort of molle strap system for my summit climber. It was a fun challenge but Im excited about getting back into the gym, I hit it hard today with an awesome sandbag workout

virginiashadow likes this.
  14. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What sort of things do you do for boot camp workouts?

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Good work!

16. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stuff like this. The wife had a notebook full of boot camp workouts. I enjoy the variety but I need to get some size and strength back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Worked out for the first time in a long time today after a spring and summer of road biking. I am not strong to say the least. Going to take a while to get back into the flow.

Westfinger likes this.
  18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I did it. 20 lbs of flab gone in 6 months. Weighed twice today. 219.6 and 220.4. I'll take the avg of 220. Lol.

Bring on 210.

19. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you man. I know you have worked really hard for this.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

virginiashadow likes this.
  20. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone is staying after it. I've been on a steady diet of compound lifts in a variety of rep ranges and will probably stay that way through the end of the year. I've been trying to up my cardio work the last couple weeks with some running on the treadmill and jumping rope/speed bag for variety. Calories are 2400 during the week and 2600 on the weekend. Sitting at 179-180 most days. I plan on getting a few pounds off by the end of January.

Get after it!