Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Stopped at the new YMCA when I went to the store. Wow cheap and way better than the rehab gyms equipment and no extra fees for trainers classes or equipment help. They also do any insurance type billing. Plus access to the high-school pool. I swam that pool in grade school. One of the biggest in the area also allows access to another towns Y that has it's own pool and gym.
    I just need some targeted leg work.

2. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am 60 so have hit the age of old man. If I went to a gym and even accidently made even contact with a hot chick... she would run to her friends and say, hey that old pervert is watching me. Then one of three things would happen. Her roid male friends would kick my @ss, she would kick my @ss or she is really a he and asks me out for a protein latte. The latter would make me puke a little in my mouth and get my @ss kicked I just don't see any of those things being fun. I also don't want my pronoun to be old pervert.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got the go ahead to use the rowing machine but told me I need my form videoed. I replied I will do it and stop if it hurts.

virginiashadow and cantexian like this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I am going to be 57 do you have any idea what a hot chick at the gym has cost me over going on 32 years of marriage?

cantexian, entropyfx and TJF like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hint a horse gal competitive rider, and her daughter, retired and moved to a required lake home and started buying big azz rocks. Still pretty dang lucky.

cantexian and TJF like this.
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if we can get you guys a bulk discount on TRT? :lol:

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

TJF, Justin and cantexian like this.
  9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    75 Hard - Day 9 Update

Down 3 lbs since we started and feeling great. I've settled into a good routine with my water consumption, so I'm getting my gallon finished by early evening, which means no more waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

Meals are pretty on point as well since I started meal-prepping all my lunches. I also picked up some Oats Over Night, which is great for a quick, healthy breakfast on the go. I've been doing that on days when I go from the gym straight to work. If I work out at home, I'll whip up some eggs, bacon, etc. For dinners, I'm trying to burn through some of the wild game meat stash so I'm doing venison burgers (no bun) or elk steaks, and usually some veggies.

The hardest part is still that 2nd workout for the day that's outside, as there are times when it's 8 or 9 at night before I get a chance to sneak that in. But I will say being outside every day has been a great thing. I'm still doing weighted rucks at night, and they're getting a little easier every time. I will likely need to up the weight in my pack in another week or two. I'm currently carrying 30 lbs.

66 days to go.

10. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Forget I was deadlifting yesterday since I am taking tomorrow off so I worked out twice yesterday.

Morning Workout:
    8 rounds in 45 minutes
    1 Minute Sprint on bike
    1 minute of step ups with 30lbs
    200 yard sled drag with 100lbs

Afternoon workout:
    Trap Bar Deadlifts 145 x 5, 195 x 5, 235 x3, 285 x3, 285 x3, 285 x 3, 285 x 3
    30 second plank after each set of deadlifts

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Slowly trying to ramp up my endurance without being a stupid hurt old guy. Ran/walked for a few miles on Monday. Will do the same again today....still lifting but picking up the reps with lower weight. End of Month 1 weigh in on Monday. Started at 240.5.

ash d, Westfinger and pastorjim08 like this.
  12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well today I started my boxing training where you raise your arms and let someone punch you in the gut for strengthening your core. The surgeon didn't say I couldn't do it. Was trying to let the horse out of the stall and she had her head hanging over the gate. I reach for the chain to unhook the gate when she snapped her snout into my gut. She has a lot of power and actually made me take a step back to keep my balance. It hurt but still funny so trying not to laugh so I can sternly tell her to knock it off. Like a dumb@ss, I step forward while reaching for the chain and she does it again. I walked right into it.

I decided that was enough core training for the day and pushed her head out the way to unhook the chain.

ash d, entropyfx, Westfinger and 3 others like this.
  13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday's saw work gave my back shoulders and arms a work out and Holy cow! I'm feeling it today. Very glad it's been raining today.I did go down and finished a drop on a blk. locust A. J. interupted. Dang it's windy out there. Rain finally stopped but Temps are dropping and winds are picking up. I just bring myself to go out in it to work today. Good day to do house work and baking.

TJF and pastorjim08 like this.
  14. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well today was a good day. Pulled 2 full wheel barrels out to dump. With the little bit of melting and then getting colder, the snow crusted up pretty hard. I was able to drag the wheel barrel up to the top of the pile to dump it. Was a bit of a workout but not too hard. I went back home and went for a walk/shed hunting around town. According to the step tracker, I put 1.9 miles on between morning activities. Oh, found a real nice 5 pt shed. :cool:

Walked into the house and still had energy to burn. I can't lift weights yet but 2 days ago, I ran the house stairs to see how many times I could do it. When I say ran, it is more of a slow jog up and down. Made it up and down 4 times before my legs felt like rubber and I was puffing a little. A couple of the cats thought it was fun and joined me. Today... 5 times and a little faster jog before the legs felt like rubber. I was puffing pretty good. Laying around for over a month didn't do me any favors. Step tracker said I hit 2 miles with everything.

Ate and took a nap. About 5:30 took off to put the horse in. Was driving through town and spied a main beam in the snow in the only spot I didn't walk in the morning. It was the other side to the 5 pt shed. Match set!!!! :nana:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    arrowflinger1 and oldnotdead like this.
  15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got a couple hours of pickleball on the docket this morning...I played 3 days straight and slipped a disc last week...still have a little of that lingering burn, but hoping a little movement will be help.

oldnotdead, ash d, TJF and 2 others like this.
  16. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to see you beasts are getting after it. Nothing crazy to report on my end. 176lbs this morning. Still doing full body program. Running 6-16 miles a week depending on my work schedule.

Speaking of TRT how’s that going Ridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldnotdead, TJF and pastorjim08 like this.
  17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the back wasnt ready...didn't play well. Ibuprophen...

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been happy with it and I go in Monday for my second full round of Pellets. Blood work 2 weeks ago showed I was back close to the levels I started at and I kind of knew it before the panels confirmed the levels. I didn't want them to insert them before my trip to Turks, so I opted for injections and wow that's a ride. I didn't want to stay out of the water while the wound healed, thus the shots. The biggest thing that I've noticed is my energy levels, especially on workout days. When I felt like my T dropped, my fatigue was noticeable. Overall I'm happy with the results and feel it's very much worth it. I've always been in decent shape, but I've never looked like I do now as far as how muscular I am. Pretty cool.

oldnotdead likes this.
  19. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, happy to hear it. Any idea what your levels are when your at a steady state of replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was right at 770 total, I think, and free was at 10, 5 months after the pellet insertion. Not bad really. We kind of tinkered initially. Doc wanted to start low at first, so I actually had more Pellets put in 4 weeks after initial when my total was just at 900ish. Tomorrow doc is going to put the full amount in based on my weight and the fact I had no weird rages or emotional side effects. Then I'll do blood work 4 weeks later and go from there.

Westfinger likes this.