anchor/nock points

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by dnoodles, Aug 10, 2020.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trad guys-

not sure if this is a recent trend or if I just never noticed it before- I seem to be seeing some trad shooters taking a very vertical stance and what appears to be a very high anchor point - where the nock almost touches right under the eye. Three fingers under the nock. I thought most trad shooters kind of hunch and angle the bow upon drawing it (to keep the arrow on the riser.)

upload_2020-8-10_19-32-49.png

Am I imagining this vertical stance as a trend? I never really noticed it before but lately as I get into the trad world I notice it more and more. It may just be confirmation bias.

If not my imagination, what's the point? Easier for some shooters to sight along the shaft?

Any downsides?

2. MONGO

MONGO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know that years ago, some guys shooting bare bow used to anchor with the nock right under the eye. They used the point as an aiming tool, instead of a sight. I tried it, but never was any good with it.

3. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its called string walking and its accurate. I love it for hunting. I actually have my string marked where I need to put the top of my tab for 10, 20, 30 yards.