An informal video of my buck from last weekend.

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by DEC, Nov 16, 2018.

1. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was in the gray light last Saturday. First 10-15 minutes on a morning that was very overcast and gray. Wind was howling and the snow was spitting pretty good sideways. Sony A6500, 4K, 30 fps, 1/30, 50 mm lens f/1.8. I honestly was having trouble dissecting this buck with my eyes. I kept referring to my LCD monitor. I could tell he was a nice 8. I saw the long brow tine and I had to make a decision fast. In the off season, I bought a new Triple Arm from Fourth Arrow. I like it, but I had not hunted in this kind of wind, so I did not realize that my section joints were too loose to provide any resistance to the wind. Every time I let go of the camera the wind would push it. So unfortunately, when I took the shot the camera blew off to the side and the deer is out of frame, with a moving camera to boot. So I elected to just show the footage of him coming in to me in a pretty informal format. To be honest, he ground shrunk on me a bit, but I am 1000% happy with my decision to shoot him. Later in the morning, I joined up with my daughter so that she could help me track and find him. Then later that day, I sat there and watched her kill a buck with her bow. Sometimes the "trophy" is a much bigger picture than what the inches of antler truly tell.