Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

An ariel photo of my land

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Andrew/sc, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Andrew/sc

Andrew/sc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

This is pretty long winded and there really is no point other than to give yall something to look at. If you see anywhere you think i should check out feel free to give your opinion.

The light green in the top left is a logged out area. The hour glass shape is THICK planted pines about 15-20 feet tall. Kind of reminds me of a christmas tree farm that planted the trees way to close together. Everything from that to the river on the right is just plain ol woods. Havent been in there yet to check it out good.

The windy dark blue line that isnt drawn and extends from bottom to top is a river. Bottom right blue line circles a flooded cut down that goes goes all the way to the river. Its uncrossable except to swim. The Thin blue line on the left is a small creek. The blue area that it runs into is a swampy wet area.

The dark green line on the bottom left out lines an open area with a few trees here and there throughout it. The line is my best guess of where the definite tree line is. The red dots are houses i wasn't sure yall could see. The black line is a fourwheeler trail that the deer use heavily.

The yellow dot on the left is where a stand already is. There is a beat down crossing at the creek right there and some scrapes that I didnt know were there until the small 8 came in shredding them up.

The yellow dot on the right is a possible stand location. Just looking at the map I think it will be a good funnel. According to the tracks the deer come out of that area and onto the fourwheeler trail quite reguraly.

2. GuessWho

GuessWho Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's easier to read a topo for contours, if you have one available?

3. Countryboy95

Countryboy95 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you have a good property for holding whitetails. Those swamps and creeks have to have some big bucks.

4. Countryboy95

Countryboy95 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Also, how'd you get a topo of your land and was it free?

5. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you want a good free topo site try this one:

http://mapper.acme.com/

It is one of my favorites and it has a more than just topo's. You will like it.

For a pay service I like Map Card.

Andrew/sc,

A topo added to your arial would be a great combination. I can check Map Card for an airial with the leaves off of the trees if you want.

6. Andrew/sc

Andrew/sc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its about as flat as it gets. It only has two contour lines running through the property. One says 90 the other says 95. It pretty flat.