Ameristep Brickhouse Blind - Good for Wyoming Speed Goats?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Stikman, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Stikman

Stikman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got an Ameristep Brickhouse that is really working nice for Whitetails here in WI, However I'm applying for a few tags in Wyoming and I'm wondering if this blind is a good idea for speed goat hunting... Any thoughts if this is good enough or suggestions for modifications, etc.

2. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As long as your comfortable with the blind itself you should be able to brush it in a bit and make it work. My biggest complaint with some blinds is the shooting windows - many blinds I feel have the windows to high or to small to fully cover all the shooting angles I feel they should. You may find it handy to bring along some rope and neutral colored bungees to help secure some brush/grass, pieces of sage, etc. If when setting it up your still not sure, just have some water along and you can mud it in too.

I'll have my two blinds with me out goat hunting next year in WY... Ground Escape in predator camo and then a Barronett Snake Eyes 250... Only about 7 months out - ha ha....

3. Stikman

Stikman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SD-Hunter,
    So you suggest mudding the blind with muddy water and letting it dry, similar to what we do with lay-out waterfowl blinds? I've been thinking this was a good idea, but nobody seems to do that. I was also thinking that using the blind camouflaging kits with the varying colors of grasses lashed directly to the blind would be a good idea. I know my two layout blinds disappear once you mud them and camo them up like a ghillie suit. I was thinking of putting on a grass skirt like layer down low, and then using local natural debris to hide the top half, above the windows...Suggestions?

4. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's an option for you (mudding it) depending on how you think your setup is looking... For example my blind made out of predator camo seems to look OK on it's own (though if I was going to hunt out of it for several days I would take the time to blend it in).... But my other\new blind is kinda glossy, so good chance I'll end up using a little mud in some areas to make it blend in better...

Here's a pic my goat hunt last year... I didn't go to the hassle blending it in because I was just hunting out of the blind the one day (was spot and stalking the others) and it seemed to look OK...

[​IMG]

Pic of a walking goat outside of blind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012