Am I a right wing nut job?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Feb 16, 2021.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you remember the Moral Majority of the 70's and '80's? If not, they were extremely visible fingerpointing folks who tried to dictate proper culture and ideas from a Christian evangelical/fundamentalist viewpoint for the entire country. Their influence peter'd out with the fall of PTL, Jimmy Swaggert and the prostitute scandal, and Jerry Falwell seen picking the financial bones of the PTL kingdom.

Woke is very similar to the Moral Majority in that they have power to cancel, etc, and they dictate correct and wrong thinking and behavior. They will face a similar end. Folks tired of moralizing in any form. Scandal makes a joke of the messenger, too.

Christianity didn't die with the fall of the Moral Majority and racism won't surge out of control without Woke harpies having a platform, either.

As the man said, "This, too, shall pass." Mark my words.

Vabowman, cantexian and Germ like this.
  2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jesus above all taught compassion and hung out with prostitutes and lepers. I'm not here to judge anyone for their "lifestyle" nor do I care too. I live in the churchy-est state in the union and have learned over the course of my lifetime that the one shouting loudest about something they oppose is generally the ones wrestling the hardest with that said "sin".

I can tell you that when someone starts being overly religious like its some sorta game with a kept score I do one of two things or both, hide my wallet and/or put some distance between them and I.

I have a gay family member, she has done more good for people in her lifetime than any of the super religious people I know, including giving a good portion of her wealth to charity and never once brought her religious beliefs into it. Of course, Presbyterians are a pretty easy going group. But if the magic eye in the sky has enough time to be that judgmental of a person's sexaul preference and not that persons merit than its obvious that they're truly not a God but a function of man to control others. Its just another way of being a do nothing nobody and falsely propping oneself up on the notion of being better than others. Not interested in the slightest.

And don't forget the 10% tip!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jesus also knew when to leave an issue alone because people consciously chose not to live life the way he was calling them to and were going to do their own thing. There is something in that the modern day Christians in America could learn from.

trial153 and Okiebob like this.
  4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Every 12 step support group I'm familiar with -- including sexual issues -- is led and comprised of folks struggling with the very thing. You are onto something here. It falls under the "hit dogs holler" truism.

But I do wish the gay community were as tolerant of fundies as they want fundies to be of them. Tolerance isn't agreement; it's ignoring one another rather than "You're going to hell!" or "You're a bigoted homophobe creep!"

Ruttin1, trial153, Germ and 2 others like this.