***Alternate Threat From Above - TEAM 28***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Bone Head Hunter, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going with 3. Great looking buck though. Hard to pass those kind up :)

2. Duece Ranch

Duece Ranch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, that bow is compact smooth launcher, here's a few more pics of that deer, his front legs were a bit short, in KY people have told me a 2 year old. ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1473890148.012961.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1473890206.753166.jpg

3. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    The second pic is a different deer, got to get these guys to come out in daylight.

4. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Agreed

5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have a real great bow pic. Here it is with my bearded hen. Mathews DXT. Easton Axis with T3s. QAD Ultrarest and Vital Gear single pin slider sight.

IMG_0729.JPG

Also, here is my #1 Michigan target buck. Mr. 11

IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG

6. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought his body looks younger 2-3 he's a dandy and I can be not imagine the possibilities if my aging is correct. Could you imagine what he would look like in a couple more years hopefully you get some more pics

7. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I got my cameras out last week during the rain. In and out ninja style. Normally I only check cameras in the rain so it helps wash away my scent. I hung them up around the stand I killed my big buck last year and had another close encounter with a different big buck. I won't get out until October 14th,15th. I should be able to put up a doe on that weekend

8. PackerFanShootingMathews

PackerFanShootingMathews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As far as Bellefointane? Or more marysville area?

9. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    You know you guys bring up a good idea, for the folks near, the Indiana,Mich.,Ohio, Ky triangle or anyone on our team if someone is not seeing a good set, we could road trip to a team mates area, my place would be camping but I back up to 19000 acres of Daniel Boone forest. Of course that's a a Captains call, bone head Hunter,
    Just a thought.

10. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Duece you nominating me to be Captain or just looking for an opinion..

My opinion is that I'm not sure how the idea classifies as a captains call. It would be up to the team members really.

Also road tripping to another team member's area evolves some cost for licenses and such. Not a bad idea for guys that don't mind playing guide for other team mates.. BUT it would have a down side also for those of us that share our hunting grounds with family and such...

Personally I'd wouldn't be doing it, but see where it could benefit others.

11. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a brief bio on me.. I encourage all of you to post a little something about your self if you haven't already to the team..

This contest is as much about making new friends and adding a little competition to our hunting as it is winning.

My name is Tony and I have been bow hunting for 40 years. I live in southern Indiana and hunt Jennings, Jackson, Brown , Scott and Bartholomew counties. My wife, daughter and SIL hunt with me on my family farm and lease properties. I put a lot of time and effort into my hunting. I joined BH.bom back in 2012.

Here is a link that has a little more detail about me if you don't mind a long read.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/whitetail-deer-hunting/2013-%C2%96-southern-lease-review-%C2%96-long-read-56651/

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  12. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from Glen Carbon, IL 20 Minutes from downtown STL (St. Louis). I hunt on a buddies ground down in the bottom about 35 minutes from my house. It takes me at least as long to walk to my closest stand. it's usually a swamp down there, but the water makes a loud noise alerting you to deer coming. It's not always underwater and there's a lot of dry spots where the deer hold up. I've been hunting it for about 5 or 6 years now. Altogether I've been hunting for near 30 years. I love deer hunting and usually I'm very particular on what deer I do shoot. I like to push myself for personal goals, such as bigger deer and with that I've passed up many shooters in the past. Last year I was rewarded with a buck that I'm 99% sure I'de passed up several times the past 5 + years. Outside of Hunting, I'm a golfing junky. I also love to fly fish for Trout in S. MO's rivers. I have a wife and 2 amazing kids. my oldest is Evan he is 6 and my youngest is Claire. She is my little red headed daughter who is turning 3 next week. 2 years ago I was able to take my then 4 year old out to track and recover a large doe I had shot on my parents farm in Greenville, IL. It was one of the most fun times of my hunting life. I got him on the trail and he followed it right to her. then he asked why its tongue was sticking out. lol. Memories you can't make up.

as most have had as well, we got a ton of rain this year. I visited my property for the 1st time last week and found that they planted corn all around my woods. but they mowed most of it down after the floods. theres a 5 acre patch I have to walk through in order to access my 60 acres. it's been getting hit pretty hard by deer traffic. I did observe some rather larger tracks in my trip. I have no workable trees to set up in near this field except well within the property. Currently, it's under water with last weekends storms. I hope to get out for a hunt on October 14th or 15th or both. I will then check and move my cameras. My true hunting day will be on November 12th (prime rut) I wil sit all day if I have too, but I plan on getting my buck then and there. Shot Gun season is the following weekend and hunting after that is pretty slow. there are so many people down in the bottoms that I can only see hunters. However, I always get a buck on opening day, so no biggy.

I've done Captian in the past and I can say honestly, I don't want to do it again. Nothing wrong with it but I'm not on BH.com enough to be productive in that capacity. I vote for Bone Head Hunter as captain. As far as name goes, I guess no one wants to have a funny name. so I don't care. Unless we want to call ourselves "The Rabid Squirrels"! then that's my vote! heres the new aviator

TheRabidSquirrels28.jpg

13. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Jordan! 24 years old in Springfield, MO. I have been bow hunting for about 12 years now and I absolutely love it. I'm lucky enough to have multiple hunting locations ranging from a 5-30 minute drive from the house. I haven't seen too many shooters on camera yet, but we've taken plenty of big ones we've never had pictures of.
    I'm married to my wonderful wife, Elizabeth, who has in the last year decided to get into bow hunting as well. She's already (almost) a better shot than me! However, being an elementary teacher means very little time off for her to practice or hunt. We're hoping to get her ready to hunt this fall.
    I'm super excited to be on a team and hope we do well. Regardless, let's all have some fun spending time in the woods!

14. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah!!!!!

Jump in guys when you feel comfy...lol

I can accept being captain of this ship if you agree to check in each week with an update on your hunts. That's all I ask

If your onboard with that then let's get this show on the road.. I got deer to kill!

15. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    By the way I just couldn't resist changing my pic. I will remove the 28 from it so people don't associate it with us. I'm still 13 Ina 39 year olds body

16. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just messing around with some team names and came up with these three Avatars...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  17. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alternate Threat From Above!

18. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Rabid Squirrels. YES
    ;)

19. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    I can see you have a great Area, great read too, and sure you have my vote for captain. At what point to you go to the pool and add new folks if some don't check in?

20. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Duece-- I'm thinking after 1 week ( the 19th) I'll check to see what Fitz says.

We need to be all settled no later than the 26th in my mind!