***Alternate Threat From Above - TEAM 28***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Bone Head Hunter, Sep 13, 2016.

1. PackerFanShootingMathews

PackerFanShootingMathews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cold front moving in as we speak so I'll have 4 hunts in by Sunday dark. Should be a decent weekend with this being the first real cold front, 41 as a low!!!!

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made it down to check cameras but one cam was done. it won't power on anymore. the other only had pics of grass moving. the good news is I found a great spot to set up next weekend. Also, in front of my 2 man stand their a scrape under the branch I made a mock scrape years back with my own pee. they keep using it after 3 or 4 years now. I'm going to hit the stand Friday and Saturday. should be able to put up some points finally.

3. Duece Ranch

Duece Ranch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I made it to ky, set up camp, my visit to the first feeder, it's literally twisted mess pics to follow, as I road up on razor spooked a big doe, I'll be sitting for that fifty points in the morning. Getting in the zone., word is bear population spiked in central Ky. A brute tore up my feeder

4. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wasn't going to have another hunt till next weekend but now I'm going to be sitting this weekend instead. Then in two weeks I'll have a 5 day hunt from Thursday till Monday. Using some PTO but it'll be worth it if I can get a deer down.

BTW. I was going back and watching some past episodes of bhod and they were talking about the forum and showed the main forum page when who's name do I see? Our very own selfbros. I think it was season 4 one of the later episodes.

5. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great day in the woods. Saw 5 different bucks and 3 does. Best buck was a 2 year old 9 point that I have pictures of this summer. Bucks gave me shots but the does didn't cooperate...

My daughter had her first opportunity to shoot at a deer with her bow but shot low both times. She just started bowhunting 3 years ago. She now knows what the rush feels like we all crave as bow hunters.. tickle me to read her oh daddy shaking so bad text :o

7. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Big zip this morning hunting the farm. Should have seen some.... strange thing was the squirrels weren't out and about either.

8. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same boat as bone. I saw nothing today. There's a ton of tracks where I was at but nothing moving. I think I got out to late and missed the morning movement. It was 80 at noon today so didn't expect to see much after about 9. Going back out next Saturday.

9. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a nice big doe tonight, I decided to stay a bit patient to see what might show up, darkness fell. I have a few days left on this set ,nice that I've seen deer everyday though.

10. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    After seeing our score I'm taking the next doe I see, let's get on the board.

11. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out Friday and Saturday. Points will follow.

12. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I just found out why I probably didn't see any at the farm yesterday morning.

Seems my Brother shot a doe out of my stand Saturday morning. (I am happy for him really, but I would have like to hunted it first since I just went down last week and got it ready to hunt out of)

I guess he also went back and proceeded to cut fire wood later that afternoon not 50 yards from the stand.

I bit my tongue when he was telling me thanks this morning for having the stand all ready for him...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rant:

13. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, he's your brother but has he never heard of "hunter's etiquette"? If you didn't buy the stand, put up the stand, or scout the area, you should ask permission before using the stand. I saw several stands out in the public hunting area i go to but you don't see me just jumping in them. Bad manners. Is your brother on a team here?

14. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    Your brother only has to have a camera on you to know where to hunt, something tells me there's a buck out there for you, it call always be worse it could have been 130 points

15. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nope he is not on here and doesn't visit the site.. You see my brother has ADD.. No excuse I know, but I normally just over look his absent mildness when it come to things like this.. Not worth squabbling about~

Rules on the family farm are first come first serve on tree stands.. He knew I was going to hunt it Saturday but changed my mind and took the daughter hunting at my lease instead. So he took advantage of me not being there...

Not the end of the world but wished he would have let me know that he killed a doe out of it so I wouldn't have wasted the hunt yesterday morning. I have 15 other stand I could have hunted that were clean!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  16. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got to get the right one to give me a shot!

17. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    Hers my look in the stand tonight, spooked a die and a buck off the last two days, buddy tagged a die last night but could not find it,, looking to get at least 50 points tonight, wind is right, all descent Ed Rick and roll, oh on a side note I'm in the cocktail blind tonight, it's called that because you can go get a drink and sneak back in your the blind.

Attached Files:

18. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw a video i thought i'd share. Why can't a buck like that walk out while i'm in the stand.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  19. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 15 does this weekend with a small buck. No shooters yet. Heading to Northern MI this weekend, so we will see! Keep at it boys

20. Duece Ranch

Dislikes Received:
    I just read what I wrote yesterday and since I bumped those dear apparently I can't sneak back in the blind that well out at it this morning, nothing yet, thought about that doe I gave a pass too, no dear yet,