Alabama Public Land Bowhunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Grant Stewart, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Grant Stewart

Grant Stewart Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. I’m from central Alabama. I’m a disabled Marine Corps Veteran and I Love Chasing Public Land Whitetails with a bow. I’ve been deer hunting for about 30 years and bow hunting public land Whitetails for 10 years. It took me several years to get the hang of hunting public land and come up with my own tactics, but since then I have been very successful. I really enjoy all of the challenges of hunting public land with a bow and everything that goes into it from scouting to running game cams to patterning the deer and learning the land. Since I am a disabled veteran I spend a lot of time in the woods. I probably spend close to 100 days just deer hunting. That is my therapy. I have a mild traumatic brain injury from several IED blasts in Iraq and I suffer from PTSD. The outdoors are the best therapy that I have ever had. It’s better than any doctor or drug that can be prescribed. It brings me a peace and when I’m thinking about deer hunting my mind is not on the bad things. Anyways guys, that’s a little about me. I look forward to talking with y’all and y’all teaching me some things, oh and WAR DAMN EAGLE!
    Semper Fi guys!

Here’s some photos of some of my recent bucks.

Attached Files:

Ridgerunner3 and Swamp Stalker like this.
  2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard brother!! Thank you for your service, from one vet to another. This is a great site with great comraderie. Check out the "live from the stand thread" in the bowhunting section. Those are some great looking bucks! I look forward to talking with you more! Best of luck this season!

3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: