After a long hiatus, looking for a new (maybe used) rig

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SevenMag, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    previous rig was a Ross Carnivore 31 (before that a CR334). looking for midrange bow to get back in with the intent of upgrading down the road a season or two. in fact, due to family commitments I likely won't be in the stand this year. figure as fast as things were changing a few years ago I can't imagine that has slowed and probably accelerated.

I tend to prefer a2a's in the 33-34 range, my 31 carni was a bit shorter than I liked, though maybe it was just off balance or what not. I can still easily pull 70 but think i'm gonna grab a 60lb

I'd imagine the usual suspects like Diamond, Bear, PSE, Quest?? any particular models that have been problematic?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on having your priorities in order, it gets tough to find time to hunt when kids are so busy. Trust me you will have more time than you know what to do with soon enough. Back to the topic they are all good bows most companies make advancements and improvements, but overall any bow you find that you shoot well is going to get you deer if you shoot straight.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a new midrange bow. My three finalists were the PSE Premonition HD, Bowtech Carbon Icon and Hoyt Charger . I really like them all and it was almost a toss up between the Carbon icon and Charger. I ended up going with the Charger because the bare bow price was $250 less. I figured I would be able to invest that savings in the rest and sight and end up with a better setup.

4. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd consider a nice used rig, always kinda liked the SB XT, but we're talkin about a 8-10yr old bow, but still a quality piece.

5. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my first modern compound (replaced a 30 year old bear) was a diamond rock bought in 2007. that bow is great and gave me a nice hog at 30 yards. If I was looking for another midrange bow I'd probably look at diamond first.

6. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings. I just put up a Mission x3, in Bows for sale. It is a good bow. Do not want much for it and comes with arrows. Just thought I would mention it... J.