Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Adhesive for limbsavers?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MGH_PA, Jan 27, 2009.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    One of my limbsaver quads came off my top limb. I can force stick it back on, but it doesn't stay for very long. What type of adhesive can I use to place it back on without worry of harming the invelvet? I suppose as long as it stays, it's not too much of an issue, but I was curious if there's any recommended adhesive out there for use directly on a limb and/or riser?

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't risk it. Buy another limbsaver.......:beer:

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:

Ah, you're no fun:d That's what I was wondering might be my best option. Alrighty.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've done it before, I've used Goat Tuff, and 3M adhesive tape. Both came off a second time and took paint off with it........

I wouldn't do it again. :d

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing in can think of would be spray adheasive.
    Disclaimer...If it dosent work and peels paint..you did not here it from me :d

6. Leebow

Leebow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't use spray adhesive. Its hard to control and gets on everything, and its not very strong. I would say if the quad comes off, and takes the paint, then the glue wasn't the problem. Sounds like ideally you want something that holds the quad, but gives up before the paint does. If used all different types with different results, but my situation is different. I have a Bear SQ32, and I could tell right away the paintjob was aweful, so I had nothing to lose, figuring if I glued it well, it would even hold the paint on. So my bow gets scratched a lot, but I just take a black marker and mark over it, then rub it in and it blends in. For a while I was mad at Sims because the split limb savers would flip off the mount, and if you didn't notice it, you will never find it. If you look at the back of the package it says it wears out/weakens over time and you will need to replace it. After losing a set a month for 3 months, I started using epoxy on them, and never lost another one. In my case though, I'm gluing to the removable mount, not the bow limb. Anyhow, maybe you could try 3M tape, and cut a slot in it with a hole in the middle, and slip it around the neck of the quad. Not sure if I helped you much...
    Leebow

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I will probably just order a new set. No big hurry though. It's not an absolute vital piece of gear right now.

8. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think you can get some round circles w/the adhesive on them from Simms. I might be wrong, but just think I've seen it somewhere.

9. Leebow

Leebow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about you guys, but this year my obsession hasn't dwindled since the season ended, like it normally does. I have many ideas buzzing around, so many I can't sleep, and my family gets annoyed at me for not paying attention to them(in my mind I'm in my treestand). I'm obsessed with having a bow that sounds no louder than a rubber band, fast and quiet. I've taken the Sims quad, cut it in half, and put it on the ends of my limbs, right near the axle, and I have to modify them to clear the string harness yoke. Also, extremely comfortable treestands, with hooks
    all over. I modify them if the seat is too high, or change the platform angle if I plan to use a tree that's angled. I've even made 2 complete stands out of angle iron and cable(probably weigh 50 lbs). I'm starting to think my family is right, something is wrong with me, I'm not normal. Oh, well...Thanks for listening, I'm done venting...