Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Addictive!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by NEW61375, Jan 28, 2012.

1. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting a while and over the years I have found several dead heads but not too many sheds(2 in roughly 23 years). Admittedly I never looked for any. But I told myself I was going to give it a solid effort this post season. Today my son and went out for the first time and we learned two things. First, what a workout!! We covered a couple big fields, a couple cutover edges, and some thickets. Second, it is very addictive. It's like...let's look over there, let's hit that powerline, what about that thicket by the pond, and so on and so on.

Anyway I gained a ton of insight on where the deer are bedding in one particular block. We found multiple beds and jumped 3 out of there. Within 40 yards of one bed we found our first(and only) shed and it was very cool for a couple of reasons. The first being I got this guy on trail cam and he's a big bodied six pointer with a tall rack with decent mass. I can't tell for sure but I think it may actually be last years shed because it was mostly buried and looks more weathered than I thought one would look for this season, luckily no critters have got to it. Second thing it has a 1 buckshot pellet stuck in the side and two other holes. Very cool just makes me think he's a tough old dude. My computer/camera aren't getting along for some reason and I apologize in advance cuz I hate when people don't post pics but I will get a couple up soon.

I just wanted to tell a crowd that could relate because my wife just looked at me like I was an idiot and said "get that dirty thing out of my sink"....so I did.

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: Congrats on the find !

3. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heres some pics. My daughter in curlers with the shed, my boy and a couple of just the shed. I think you can see the buckshot stuck in there and the other damage where it was hit. Maybe this deer or his offspring.

Attached Files:

4. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never found one with buck shot in it before! pretty cool, that shed is from last year for sure.

5. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet find! Looks like a neat old buck, the buck shot is awesome. I agree, for sure from last year. Good luck finding more, definitely addictive!

6. mrantlerman

mrantlerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My wife doesn't understand the shed addiction either. Heck of a 3 pt. Nice find!

7. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool find!! Congrats!

8. KC j23

KC j23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Each walk seem to get further and further trying to find that next horn.