Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

A time for Thanksgiving – Hunting a Lesson in Gratefulness

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Landon DeKeyser, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Landon DeKeyser

Landon DeKeyser Newb

Dislikes Received:
    [FONT=&quot]I have a lot of friends that don't hunt. Many of them don't understand why I do it. For a long time I have tried to explain why I like to hunt. It usually comes out in a short answer such as "I just really like spending time in the outdoors. You see all kinds of cools stuff out in the woods, and it makes me happier." Then I get a response that something like "well I just don't get why you would want to sit out in the cold for hours. Plus I really don't like to kill things."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I always find myself think "man they just don't get it. If they would just try it out I think they would enjoy it." Hunting is about a lot of different things to me. Its partially about killing animals yes. I do genuinely enjoy the time alone to think. It brings me a sense of peace. I love watching the animals. I find that I am always learning something new about them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Its also about something deeper than that. Maybe I'm just weird, I don't know, but I really find it helps me to be happy in a way that almost no other activity can. I also love to fish, but hunting I feel has a greater lasting affect on me.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would love to hear if any of you guys also share similar views. You can read an in depth article I wrote on this topic here A Time for Thanksgiving - Hunting and Gratefulness[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With hunting season slowly winding to an end, and Thanksgiving a few days away. I felt this topic was fitting and others may enjoy.[/FONT]