A new view on the October Lull

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Trevor TFO, May 16, 2016.

1. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I came across this video earlier today and thought it was an interesting view on the "Lull". What do you guys think?

Antler Geeks: Bowhunting in Michigan - YouTube

2. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think deer will change their pattern regardless of pressure in the woods, and its all relative to YOUR area. You'll get 9 out of 10 hunters say the best time to kill a mature buck is early season in a summer feeding pattern. It seems to me that this guy isn't hunting summer food plots. He may be very successful this way, but doesn't mean someone else can't be successful with a summer feeding pattern.

3. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I never believed in the October lull the deer still have to eat and drink. You'll have to find them and that's what he says he does there's no tada moment there. Find the deer after the summer feeding pattern and you can kill them seems legit.

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've come to learn that if anything their pattern changes, rather than a lull. Some October seasons I see a ton of deer and other seasons I see very little. Part of it is stand placement and line of vision when the trees are still full of leaves. There's been plenty of times where a deer "appeared out of no where" that we've all experienced, just think about all the deer that walk by that we don't see. Bedding, food, and water, those are the tickets.