A little help!

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by IAMIKE, Sep 23, 2021.

1. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I took a 3 year hiatus cuz of have 3 kids in 5 years lol. I’m fartin around with my bow and my arrow rest is loose. The piece that adjusts left and right. I’m currently shooting about 3” left. Remind me again which way I move this to get it back to center. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ummm no, sorry but that's not how that works. You need to center your rest to bergerhole 13/16 to start I believe then check 90° from string.
    If you do not have the levels to do this please go to the local bow shop.
    I repeat do not move your rest to sight in your bow.
    Good luck.

In Venatione Veritas

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  3. westdesign03

westdesign03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could be wrong but pretty sure you follow the arrow to where it’s currently hitting. So try moving it to the left? Guessing your fletch is nicking something on the right side there. Someone will correct me really soon I’m sure if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your rest serves as a starting point (zero'in) and allows you to Tune your bow.

Once you are level and zero'ed you can move your Sight. And when doing that you follow the arrow.

In Venatione Veritas

5. westdesign03

westdesign03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah disregard what I said then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    you follow the arrow with the sight. the arrow rest is different. If it were me, I would take it to a good bow shop. Although you may be standing line. but if you can't get that arrow rest where it needs to be you will play hell shooting. the rest is where it starts. and making sure cams are timed, limbs are are at equal poundage, make sure the string and cables have not stretched, etc...that's why I say to take in to a shop. good luck

IAMIKE likes this.
  7. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most bows have a spec for center shot. A lot of bows are 13/16 from the side of the riser to the center of the arrow and centered through the Berger holes for height. Then paper tune or bare shaft tune to dial it in. Many believe it's best to set the rest to center shot spec and then adjust by adding twists to the yokes or shimming/adjusting the cams left/right.
    A great way to set the center shot of the rest is to rubber band another arrow to the inside of the riser and then adjust the rest until both arrows are perfectly parallel to each other. To rubber band the arrow to the riser take a rubber band from the back of the riser and wrap the two ends around each side of the riser to the front. Slide an arrow through each loop of the rubber band on both ends of the riser. You may have to add twist to the rubber band to get the arrow nice and tight to the riser. Now measure between that arrow and the arrow on your rest and make adjustments to the rest until they are the same spacing apart at the back and front of each arrow. I like to use calipers since they have a set screw that I can lock down so they don't move once I have the correct gap.

I understand what you're trying to do though. You feel it was tuned when you stopped shooting, so now you just need to move the rest until you're hitting on with your sights again and it should be back to where it was before the rest came loose. But I would caution calling that back in tune. The strings/cable have been sitting for 3 years, plus your form may be a little different after 3 years. If the string/cable are a good quality pre-stretched set then it may work. It would be just like walk back tuning. If your arrow is hitting left then you'll want to move your rest to the right.

8. Kaileybr

Kaileybr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the information.