A few questions on tools

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by grizzly1530, Aug 29, 2014.

1. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering if you guys feel that an arrow scale, and spin tester for arrows is necessary? I just started bowhunting last year, and basically went with the arrows the pro shop recommended. They fly well. and I shoot well, but I feel lost when seeing all of the technical posts about arrow weight, FOC, KE, and how I can adjust my setup to get maximum power. I would love suggestions on whether I should get a scale and spin tester, and what brands I should get.

2. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say you don't need those at all.
    Are you building your own arrows?
    You can figure out your FOC using a tape measure, a balance point and a FOC calculator found on the web, along with a KE calculator . Or you can use good old fashion mathematics.
    Personally I'd save my money and use it on other things.

3. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have a good bow shop set up your bow and match your arrows to it. That way you can let them worry about measurements and you can worry about shooting bullseyes.

4. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I trust my shop to give me the right stuff, but am really new to archery all together so figured I'd ask. Haha.

In the future I would like to try arrow building, just for the fun of it, but not right now.