a dude accidentally dry fired my new bow....

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Radarlover, May 26, 2012.

1. Radarlover

Radarlover Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It seems as good as it ever was. The only nagging problem is the peep sight and d-loop turn about 90 degrees out of alignment after every shot so I have to twist the string back around before taking another shot. I think the bow shop should have made sure it was right on that count but its 300 miles away, what am I going to do about it out here in the sticks?
    guess I will make that first shot count lol

2. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lot of times you can fix that by pressing the bow and either putting in or taking out half a twist in the string... But any pro shop with a press should be able to help you get your peep aligning properly next time your back in civilization - assuming they put on good quality string (which I'm sure they did)...

3. Rubble

Rubble Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Radarlover you idiot!! Comparing a dry fired bow to a newborn baby being punched, what kind of scum did your pathetic self ooze from!! You must not have children as someone with even the slightest idea of being a parent would be absolutely horrified by the retarded comment you have just made. Pull your damn head in you pathetic waste of space!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    easy there Rubble. Those comments seem a little too harsh for what he said in my opinion. And radarlover, I know your pain. I was shooting with a couple buddies when one wanted to pull back my Bowtech Guardian and i should have known better to let him pull it back with no arrow knocked. He did attach his release to the d loop but his release gave out mid draw, shattering the limbs and damaging the cams on the bow. He paid for every repair, and somehow Bowtech covered new limbs under warranty. I will never let someone pull my bow back again.

5. Rubble

Rubble Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So to you the comparison was fine eh?

6. Radarlover

Radarlover Newb

Dislikes Received:
    you are right Long Island, no need to go tit for tat with the guy, if he thought I was serious though he is sadly mistaken....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  7. Painless

Painless Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are only three people on the planet that I trust with my bow, my two best friends and my bow guy, other than that no one touches them. I would hand someone one of my custom rifles before I handed them my bow. I do have an older bow that I keep around incase someone wants to try it out.

Edited to add

I bought a new bow this year and was at my father in laws house shooting, I went to get my arrows and when I turned around my F.I.L. had my bow in his hands and was about to pull it back. I politley told him to put my mother $#^&ing bow down before he caught a beating. He knows me pretty well and over looked my blatant disrespect, but also knew I was serious as a heart attack. Don't touch my childern, wife or my bow's, anything else I have is there for anyone to use.....Blake

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  8. LongIslandBowHunting

LongIslandBowHunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    its so immature when these people that have kids and what not badmouth eachother over absurd things, you r both new to the site so stop acting like you own it you babies. it cracks me up to see the so called parents fighting with eachother online.:lol:
    (radarlover & rubble)

9. Rubble

Rubble Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check my join date LongIsland ;) Haven't had the urge to comment on here before now, and I am sorry if you believe I was out of line. Yeah my comments were strong (not immature), but horrible things happen out there to those most precious to us and making light of that gets my back up. What happened to Radarlovers bow sucks, best thing I find is to explain first off the effects a dry-fire can have before they even see the thing let alone get a chance to pick it up when I'm not looking.

10. huntsitall

huntsitall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats never good! If i know somebody has little experience with bows and they ask, "can i see it?" I tell them, "you see it with your eyes... not your hands." As stated before there is way to much invested to risk destroying the bow because of someone elses ignorance.