A couple of gear reviews

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by pastorjim08, Dec 3, 2020.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday was a pretty cold day with a steady breeze so I thought it might be a good day to trial some new stuff that I have recently acquired. First is the plythal full rut extreme jacket and prima heat bibs. It was 20 degrees with about a 10-15 mph steady wind . I was wearing the aforementioned outer wear with a cabelas base layer, my heated vest and the plythal prima heat vest. The plythal vest is equivalent to the Sitka Kelvin vest, and yes I do own that as well. It turns out I never did start the heated vest because it would have been too much. I was very warm for the first three hours. After that, my arms began to get a little cold. In retrospect I think I should have worn the prima heat puffy jacket instead of the vest. The puffy is equivalent to the Sitka Kelvin active jacket. Overall I give this system a solid A. My next piece of equipment was the HSS heated hand muff. I really wanted this thing to work well because my hands get so cold they hurt and sometimes in the cold they are stiff and I have a hard time even moving them. The muff did not meet my expectations. It heats up pretty well but is only warm in one spot. To it's credit, it does have a lot of storage pockets and you could carry your phone, rangefinder, binos, and many other odds and ends. But that's really not why I bought it. I think I could do just as well with a regular hand muff and my rechargeable hand warmers. I give it a C. Last on the list is a sling that I use to carry my crossbow. Since I began hunting with a crossbow two years ago, I have had a terrible time with slings. I don't know if it's because crossbows are not as balanced as firearms or what, but they always want to slide off my shoulder or spin downward at the most inconvenient times. I purchased a rubber sling made by slogan outdoors. It can be used like a regular sling or since it has a double strap, it can be used like a 3/4 sling. Anyway, this thing works great! Not any slipping or sliding and the crossbow stays put. It would be great on any firearm or crossbow you own. It gets a solid A+. Well there you have it, my review of some new stuff I have recently acquired. Sometimes I'm almost ashamed at the amount of money I have wrapped up in this. I said almost!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tacklebox, Oldcarp, DarkTater and 5 others like this.
  2. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.wingsupply.com/h-m-cross-bow-buddy-ready-crossbow-sling.html

Incredible for my quad 400 crossbow. Once adjusted properly, I can shoot one-handed if need be. Haven't tried it on my new sub-1, but it's pretty light and much better balanced. Do a little research on this thing and see what you think. If you want, I can send you some pics or video of mine on my crossbow