A big California hello to all bowhunters out there!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by OneArrowAtATime, Jul 31, 2019.

1. OneArrowAtATime

OneArrowAtATime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! I'm stoked to be here! I am relatively new to bowhunting (3 years in), although been hunting since I was in diapers. I caught the bowhunting bug after watching my buddies have some epic backcountry diy adventures and bringing home the bacon with their bows. I couldn't believe that one could get that close to an animal. After rifle hunting all my life, archery has been the most humbling, challenging and rewarding way to pursue my meat. I have failed way more than I have been successful, but I am hooked and keep coming back for more and am hungry for knowledge, insight and guidance. Right now my biggest question to all of you, is if you don't live in an area that has more than 20 yards to practice and the nearest range is hours away, then where does one go to shoot distance at targets. I recently upgraded to the Hoyt RX3 with a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 5 pin and am really frustrated that I can't even use the calibration tape yet because I have no where to shoot to 60 yards. Does anyone have any recommendations? There are plenty of open spaces near me, but they are public places like parks and ball fields and have people around who I am sure would be very weary of someone target practicing. Let me know if you have any advice. Also, if anyone has the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 5 pin, please send me a message, as I'd love to pick your brain on a few things. Thanks!

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you looked into archery shops? Someone there would better know where you can shoot or clubs that exist. Good luck.