5 point video

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Incog, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Make sure to change the quality to 1440p

With a South wind Friday and Saturday, I had to switch trees. Friday night, I climbed a tree that turned out not to be optimal. I did see a big spike, but nothing else. Saturday morning (last chance to hunt for 9 days), I picked a different tree nearby. What a hassle. The tree had a really wide base and I had a lot of trouble getting on my climber. Finally up the tree I went - 7 feet until I came to a large bump that I hadn't seen. Couldn't get past it with the climber. Turned around and had a huge leafy tree branch between me and my bait. Stood up and found that I could get a shot if I got on my tip-toes.

Elmer-Fudd then shows up with his 1 million candle power spotlight (slight exaggeration) 30 minutes before first shooting light. He walks the main two-track past me about 50 yards away. Turns around and walks back. Enters the woods 40 yards away and proceeds to walk back and forth for 10 minutes looking for some place. This is where my deer mostly come from. Finally I turned on my flashlight and he decides to mosey on down the big hill to the creek (where the rest of my deer come from). 5 minutes later, I hear a huge man sized splash in the 1.5 foot deep water. Almost laughed myself out of the stand. Never saw him again...

With low expectations, I decided to ride it out until I had to quit for family obligations at 11am. While texting the entire story to my wife (yeah, I know I shouldn't be playing on my phone), I pick up movement 130 yards out. Maybe only being 7 feet up isn't such a bad thing. Watched it move through the woods, but never saw any headgear. Two doe bleats later, he turned 90 degrees and came right to me. He stops several times sniffing the air where Elmer was tromping around, but eventually presents me with a broadside shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    7 point from a couple of weeks ago...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    5 point coming in video...

[video]https://youtu.be/ZhwmCgqg_4Q[/video]