5 pin bow sights

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JohnSimpson, Nov 19, 2017.

1. JohnSimpson

JohnSimpson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m in the market for a new bow sight. I️ have a single pin HHA and I️ just don’t like it. I’m looking for a 5 pin bow sight. I’m stuck between the IQ 5 pin and the trophy ridge react pro 5 pin. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Brett Dunn

Brett Dunn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a trophy ridge react 5. Not sure there is a beneficial difference between it and the pro one but I like it. Only con is it is a little heavy but I got used to it quick. Very easy to site and it’s accurate. I like mine. But have been thinking of trying a single pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know it is not on your list, but I bought the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It. I thought these high dollar sights were a little over the top, but I can tell you this thing has surprised me from day one. Pins are ultra bright, you can micro adjust everything and the best part is that it is always dead on. No getting bumped a little bit or shifting, it is rock solid. I had to track a deer through some tough stuff then drag the deer out with the bow. I was sure this would be the time that something happened, but a few shots back at home revealed it was still in locked in.

Good Luck!

4. b_fitnik

b_fitnik Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I second the Hogg It unless you like the fixed mount instead of the dovetail then I would suggest the Hunter. If you do decide to get a Spot Hogg, do yourself a favor and get the MRT model. They are a bit heavy but are of great quality. Pins are really bright even in low light without a light. Everything is micro adjust. If price is a concern and you’re not worried about 2nd/3rd axis adjustments, you could also go with the Grinder.

In the past two years, I’ve had a Trophy Ridge, a Sword, a CBE, and a Spot Hogg. Of the group, the Spot Hogg was my favorite multi pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. TomTom1

TomTom1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Trophy Ridge react pro, love it,great sight.

6. Matt7705

Matt7705 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Black gold sights are good I have the widow maker. If I were to buy another one the revenge 5 pin would be it because every thing is micro adjustable including the pins. I have had the iq sight but didn’t like it. To much going on trying to line up the dot while watching the level plus the pin. Didn’t notice that much difference in my shooting to make it worth it.

7. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought a TR sight a few years ago. Didn’t care for it. No particular problem, just seemed flimsy.
    Changed it out for a Spot Hogg. Dang thing is tough as nails. Have 2 SDP, and 2 with 5 pins, all with large guard. Like the large screws on the adjustments.
    You might want to take a look at them. I’m glad I did.

8. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was just in the market as well and I settled on an Axcel Armortech. To me they have the best machining and they are easy to work with.

9. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    trophy ridge react 5 pin i have used and still have it. Best sight ive ever owned

10. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 5 pin costom made Axcel Armotech that I have had for a few years now. I never had a problem with it.
    I highly recommend to have a look at it.
    The best thing is that you can choose the colour and the size of the pin that you want.

11. gunfighter48

gunfighter48 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a sight from both makers. I'm using the IQ Ultra lite 5 pin and the React H5 sight. Both sights do an excellent job. The IQ sight guaranties more accurate shots out to longer distances. I'm only shooting 20 - 30 yards at this time so can't validate their claim. The react H 5 five pin sight is very easy to set up. Many folks say to set up the 20 pin first then jump out to 40 yards and set up that pin by using the 30 yard pin adjustment. It will move the 40 yard pin. The accuracy is better doing it that way. I haven't had a chance to get to a range with 30-60 yard targets yet. They are both well made sights for the money.