.300 WinMag Remington 700, Nightforce Scope

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by usmc0317, Oct 22, 2022.

1. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to sell my .300 WinMag if you're a fellow gun nut and are looking for a bolt gun to do some long range shooting with or are in the market for a rifle to hunt with, I hope if finds its way into good hands. I haven't shot it all in a while, I hardly put any rounds through it, I believe the round count is under 200. So as much as I would like to keep it I think it's time to let someone send some rounds through it. The last photo includes the specs, feel free to pass it along to whoever might be interested. I'm looking to get 3 grand for it which I think is a pretty good bargain for the whole setup. I will try to keep an eye on this. If you or anyone you know might be interested send me a message and we can figure something out. This bolt gun is a tack driver that will not disappoint.
    IMG_5208 (1).jpg IMG_5210.jpg IMG_5211.jpg IMG_5212.jpg IMG_5287.jpg

Attached Files:

2. IAFarmboy

IAFarmboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful weapon. Not in the market right now, but was curious what factor drove going .300 Win Mag over .308/7.62?

Semper Fi,
    Steve
    USMC (ret’d)

3. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! The .308 is an awesome cartridge no doubt. I really wanted to see what the .300 WinMag was all about. After sniper school we basically had a few options in terms of which long gun we wanted to take out on a mission. A semi auto .308, our bolt action .308, or the 50 cal… This .300 win mag was a fun change of pace to shoot. Same diameter, but different cartridge gave me slightly higher velocity but more importantly a much flatter long range trajectory as well as more kinetic energy from that round. With that being said, the flatter shooting .300 win mag is only as accurate as the guy squeezing the trigger, I’m sure there are plenty of guys that would out shoot me with their .308.. I felt rock solid punching 12” groups with my .308 at 1,000 yards, with this .300 WinMag I could hold that at 1,200.