3 x 5" or 4 x 4" fletched arrows for hunting???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rodolfo Lazo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi:
    I have been preparing for hog hunting, to do it respectfully and ensure precise shots. First practicing, then getting the correct equipment set up. I am in the way to glue up a new riser for Samick sage 50 pounds limbs, but in the way I got a old ( like new) Sears 50# 62"recurve..old ..but very powerfull. i am shooting bullseye at 22 meters, wich is like 25 yards or so..." with goldtip 400 hunter arrows and 100 grains tip i was shooting first 3 inches to the left., after adding 100 grains inserts, i am shooting straight to target!!
    dynamic spine does worked out!!. Now i have to test if with magnus stinger 2 blade broadheads the arrrows will fly the same, or i should correct again....probably just gap filling up and down and or side to side...

To fine tunning these arrrows, what do you thin: is better to use: 4 x 4" turkey feathers or 3 x 5" turkey feathers??? If I should decide for fletching area, seems that 4x4 is much more...at 22 to 32 yards i guess there is no such compromise of speed or aerodinamically resistance. Wait for your inputs...trhanks in advance!!