Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

3-d targets and Hunting videos

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Andrew/sc, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Andrew/sc

Andrew/sc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My birthday is coming up next monday( may 3) and I'm probably gonna get a 3-d target. Which kind do y'all use? I see good stuff about the GlenDel Full Rut but I'm NEVER going to shoot a deer over 250 so I dont want to practice on a target that big. I see others such as Delta, Mckenzie, Rhinehart, etc... but I have no clue which one will be the best.

I want a hunting video that will actually expand my knowledge of how to better hunt and scout deer. I dont care to watch 15 deer get shot if they dont tell me where they shot it and what led them hunt that particular area. I hear the WKP vids are good but I hunt in the swamps of SC so I dont know how much of their techniques apply to my land. Ill probabaly get them anyways but i wanted to see if there were any vids out there that would better apply to my area.

2. AK907

AK907 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Delta Riverbottom buck 3d target. Its ok. But I wouldnt buy another one. The legs are plastic so if you hit a little to low and forward on the front shoulder the arrow gets stuck in the plastic. It is a pain to pull out and sometimes even pulls out the insert. Its held up ok with field points but I wouldnt shoot broadheads at it. I have heard nothing but good about rinehart targets... That will be my next target whether its 3d or a block.As for the hunting videos, I cant help you out too much there.
    Hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase.

3. hunterace

hunterace Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    you can't go wrong with a rinehart target. i do like the buck shaped targets a little more just because you can use them as a decoy if need be. i have a delta and as stated above, don't shoot the legs :), but over all i have no problem with it and my brother and i have used it as a decoy. just depends on how much you will be shooting it and what your price range is

4. BTGuy

BTGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Blood brothers outdoors has a video series going into detail on swamps and marsh hunting. Have never seen them, but from what I hear they are o.k.

By about this time next year though I hope to recommend something else.:)
    Till then...

www.bloodbro.com

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd go rhinehart or nothing... and WKP and the BloodBrothers series of vids.

They have one called "Marsh Bucks"... or something like that and it would be right up your woods... or swamp in this case.