3-d shoots winding down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bloodcrick, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys we are getting very close to the season. There is only one more 3-d shoot left in my local area in two different clubs before the season comes in. It always seems like things start happening a little faster when the shoots start winding down. How many do you guys have left to attend ? does anyone have them well into the season. you just cant beat the practice at these shoots IMO. come on season :d

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I only have 1 or 2 more that I am planning on attending.

3. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on going to my very first 3D shoot in 3 weeks. It's the only one left that I know of in this area.

Should be fun:d Im not sure what to expect.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have quite a few more locally up here. Unfortunately because of work obligations and lack of vacation time, once again I won't be able to make it to the IBO worlds this year.

I will however be heading up to the Tupper Lake Mountain Challenge the last weekend in August. This is our biggest regional event for quite a ways from here, it's waaaay up north in the heart of the Adirondacks in big woods country, less than an hour from the Canada border. I should see 400+ of the best shooters in Canada, New England, and New York show up for this 60 target 2x day event, and it's on the toughest terrain you will see in this area......all up and down hill mountain shooting with terrible footing. I've already got my Constitution in final tune for it, and I'm training hard and back to shooting 5-6 times a week. I really hope to put on a good showing at this event, it's the only large event I'll be able to attend this year. I'll be shooting Open class for the first time at this event as well.

5. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading to my first shoot as well OKbowhunter... thanks to jfergus7, he's gonna slide by and drag me along... should be a fun one, really lookin forward to it even though it is spose to be 95° here saturday

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck at your shoot Matt, sounds like something you've really been working your butt off for. I wish I could say I was that motivated about shooting, but I'm not. I've got maybe 150-200 shots through the new Marquis since I get it set up a few weeks ago and that's about all. I'm planning on heading out to shoot some more tonight, then a few of us are hitting a 3-D shoot on Saturday for the first time this year. I'm hoping to sneak in a few more before the season comes as well. The last two years I shot a TON and it's dramatically improved my accuracy so I'm hoping to do the same for this fall.

7. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, good luck Matt.

I've got two more shoots I'll be hitting this month before leaving on my elk trip... I'll be leaving the full-blown target setup and back-tension release at home and getting some more practice with the new Ally and hunting arrows on those shoots.

8. PABuck_HNTR

PABuck_HNTR Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 6 more that I'll go to. There are a bunch left, but some are better than others so I pick and choose.

9. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will, expect to have a total blast! This thread is breakin' my heart :cry: . I just caught on to the craze. Even though I stunk it up last weekend in PA, it was about the most fun I've had this summer. I'll be looking for a shoot every weekend 'till the season opener. Hope they keep them going around here.

10. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well good luck on the rest of the shoots guys. Im going to try and take my eight year old on his first shoot and my last this year. August will be the test for him on a 30 target course. Any one ever tried one of those coon night shoots on the course??

11. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i keep shooting into the season, except those 3-d, move.