$250 for a 3 pin sight? Really?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ruck139, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I dropped $190 on my sight. It had everything I was looking for and I love it. Well built, dovetail mount, 3 fixed pins, floating head for long distance, etc, etc...

To each his own. Hell, you don't even need a site :busted:

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I doubt it. Machining aluminum and other light weight metals brings a high cost.

3. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pick up a used one next year. Most guys that want the best technology and most expensive equipment fall into the same trap each year. Some can afford it and some can't. Just pick one up on ebay next year for 25% of what it costs now.

4. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I paid about 280 for my axt and dont regret it one bit. Super bright fibers and adjustable in every way with out tools and im not 100 percent sure but id say its the lightest sight out. I dont see me ever getting rid of it.

5. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    An inexpensive 1-3 pin sight for whitetails is fine for close shots. Heck, I bought a 1975 Pse Pacer with a single pin and killed 30 deer with it. That was basically a farmers match and duct tape on the riser. Shoot 3-d's or hunt the west when 50-70 yard shots are the norm and you have to have a 5-7 pin sight with .19 to .10 pins. Why have a sparkly bass boat with a 8 hp Merc on it?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I spent $200+ on a viper 2000 2 years ago. Best sight I've had hands down. I shoot accurate up to 60 yards. I've spent $200 way more foolish than that viper sight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

7. Drop_Tine5214

Drop_Tine5214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went with the Truglo Trusite Exteme Micro 5-pin model on both my bow and later on my wife's. Very easy to adjust and extremely bright and low light conditions. I think I payed $90 for each of them on ebay. I owned several other brands in the past and was never fully happy until I found these. They also come with a small light on them too, although I have never used them because if it is too dark to see these pins then in my opinion it is too dark to take a shot. Kinda fun to practice with it at dusk though.

8. Norm in NH

Norm in NH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I'm cheap or frugal with my money. I haven't got caught up in the new and shiniest gadgets out there. I think it's more of a trap for us to spend money something that might make you shoot better or smell better out in the woods. In the past 5 years I bought a dozen new carbon arrows for just over 100 , a new release for about 60 ( which I thought was way over priced ) and a new summit viper climber for 300. I don't think I spent 250 for the scope on my rifle..lol.. But to each their own

9. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So you can justify spending 250 dollars on a scope but not a bow sight? Compairing spending money on a rifle scope to a bow sight on a forum full of diehard bowhunters is like beating a dead horse....lol. I like most the people on this forum we like to spend money on our hobby which is archery and bowhunting. I dont neccessarily think its getting "caught up" with the gadgets as to wanting the best and newest technology available.

10. Norm in NH

Norm in NH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can justify spending the money on the scope on a forum full of " die hard" bow hunters. The original scope was on a rifle from my grandfathers friend that finally started to fog up, thus I could not see my intended target either it being paper or a live animal. And being a hunter it's my job to safely and humanely take an animals life. So if my bow sight needed to be replaced I would , but not at $250. For a small frame made of whatever to hold 3-5 pins , for $ 200 in my simple mind just seems a bit much.
    I get why most hunters want the best and newest technology out there , I just haven't got over that hump yet. And I would much rather carry my bow and arrows out to shoot or hunt over any gun I have. Mine may not be the quietest or the fastest but it gets the job done.

Good luck this season

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care what a person wants to spend their money on when it comes to hunting. As for me, I'm fairly cheap these days due to three hungry mouths to feed at the house. :) I bought a new $50 Trophy Ridge site this year and I think it is absolutely awesome. I haven't had a new site in over five years.