Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

2024 Mathews LIFT Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Justin, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    VXR has the bridged riser, better damping, better grip, SCS system compatible and Switchweight cams. Although the Triax is a perfectly fine bow - I killed a lot of stuff with mine. I just think the VXR is a better version of that platform.

jonderrs7 likes this.
  2. jonderrs7

jonderrs7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply, Justin!

3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both are great bows. Not a lot of difference I have the vxr and my son has the triax

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So IYO what is the most impressive or feature? Or is it just a combination of many substantial improvements.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    been reading over on AT about cables rubbing on the new Lift among a few other problems, moving the top hats made matters worse for some ... ... 'prolly a very small percentage of those coming out of the factory, but it may be something to look at before one buys ... Bowtech had problems with rubbing/eating strings on some SS34's if I remember, as did Elite on a few models ... are these companies in a rush to get them out and then just say hey, let the dealers handle these problems .... these are right out of the box problems and paying the top $$ for these bows, this shouldnt be happening .. just check your bow BEFORE you leave the shop to be sure there are not any problems

https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/cable-rubbing-cam-on-new-lift.6223327/

https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/lift-33-issue.6223123/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    Shocker99 likes this.
  6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    might be an issue of trying to get max speed and max comfort out of a bow and they are all pushing the limits

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is that it's more of a tolerance issue with shimming the cams a little too much to one side. So it's more a tuning thing than peformance.

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll send you my address for your old bow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sure would buy a lot more bows if I didn't have to go to a mom and pops bow shop 80 miles away. I'm a lefty, want it my way without waiting months or the hassle. Not all bow shops / techs are equal and the Mathews dealers in my immediate area are :dan: The process is usually driving 80 miles to test shoot a right-handed bow left-handed. Order the bow I want... Wait, wait and wait some more. Then drive 80 miles to pick it up again... It is 2023 right? Seems ridiculous when you think about it....

cantexian, Mod-it and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice... but honestly, nothing earth moving in my opinion. I know i'm critical of Mathews, but they seem to simply regurgitate the same basic bow design, year after year. I realize that that tech is kinda slowing down for all manufacturers however. They kind of hit a ceiling and its all been minor updates anymore.

That being said, the specs on the 33 are in line with my liking. IF they ever ditch that cam and go to something less harsh, I'd definitely want to at least try one. But in my honest opinion, its one of the harshest draw cycles compared to the other big players. I remember shopping a couple years ago and shooting the vxr's alongside several other brands, all set at the same weight and how much stiffer the mathews was, but wasn't much faster. Just don't like it...

For the life of me, I can't understand why they haven't moved to a fully adjustable cam system for draw length, etc. I don't want to have to monkey with or go to a dealer to swap a module. Its 2023 already!

They're high end, quality bows. Won't find anything higher quality IMO. But they're like the Apple of the bow world in my opinion.

11. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I can speak some truth to this. I have owned golden eagle, Hoyt, high country, Parker, bow tech , elite and Mathews. Mathews has , along with all others maxed out on ground breaking technology. With that said, this vxr is my second favorite bow. Elite 32 energy is number one.

muzzyman88 likes this.
  12. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    to me the most ground breaking idea in the last 5-10 yrs is what Bowtech/Elite and now Athens did with their tuning systems .... nothing to flip around, no press needed with the SET/Deadlock & timelock and whatever Athens calls theirs .... also Elite has 1/4 inch draw adjustments, easier to get the draw length more precise ...

13. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My views on what Mathews is doing is certainly not a knock on them. I personally feel from a rock solid, durability standpoint, you won't find a better built or designed bow. But that also comes by them not pushing the envelope or taking risks on new ideas/designs. Much like Apple Iphone... they won't blow you away from year to year. You know what you're getting when you buy a new iphone, much like you know what you're getting when you buy a new Mathews bow.

14. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a Lift this weekend, the shorter one, at the local North40. Was there getting ready for winter league and they weren't busy, so asked to demo one.
    The bow had a d-loop on it, and they had a 3 arrow tight spot quiver on it. It was set at 70 lbs. I have no idea what let-off was set at.

Definitely a light feeling bow. I prefer a bit lighter bow and really liked the way it felt.
    I have read a few say they didn't like the draw cycle of it, but I did. It built up right away at the front and felt like I was drawing the entire 70 lbs for a lot of the draw cycle, but it did not stack at the end and did not dump hard into the valley IMO either. Not nearly the "hump and dump" like a speed bow normally has. I thought it was a nice improvement over the V3, which stacks at the back and has a significant dump into the valley, just like my Solution does in Performance. I have not demo'd a V3x or a Phase 4.
    I really liked the valley, I'd liken it to the valley on my Solution in Performance. It was plenty to not feel jumpy, but not so much that you felt like you had to push the string forward to let down. Whatever the let-off was set at, it made the valley right where I like it.
    The shot was typical Mathews. There was very little jump or buzz, very little feedback when the string drops.

The only negative thing. They must be selling them like hotcakes. The Tech told me that they'd had a customer try to order one the day before, and when they contacted Mathews they were told APRIL before it would arrive. 5 months is a pretty long wait.