NFL thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Apr 23, 2020.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If those people were so smart that were writing that, they would be making 10X more and would be the GM of an NFL team.

2. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both Jones and Williams are on the last year of their deals. They also haven’t had a real slammer in a few years. Especially one that runs a 4.5

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    MUDSHARK likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How many times have the vikings won the preseason? They do every year just ask them.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not concerned about how the draft went or the players selected. The Packers are not the same team that they were under MM. The Packers play outside I see a run based possession ball control type of play being a good thing.

5. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sota, Ty, and you other packer fans on here:

What makes you guys think, and maybe not all feel this way, but that this is any different than when Rodgers was drafted, sending Favre packing? Love being drafted obviously.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not so much sending Brett packing, Ron Wolf often drafted Qbs that left as free agents, not such a big deal that they used a 1st rounder in my opinion. Brett also did his retirement waffle, did not do OTA's, did not travel with the team etc. Brett got away with that under the former coaching staff and when MM came in he wanted that to change. Aaron is not like that the team culture made sure that it also is not an option. This is not as destructive as some fear.

Call me crazy but I think the Packers skill players on offense and the team will have an an advantage early in the season. No rookie camp no OTA's is going to have a huge impact on newly drafted players especially on offense.

7. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Favre had mentioned retirement many times for a couple of seasons leaving the Packers wondering how committed he was. I think they were tired of his waffling and decided to draft his possible replacement in Rodgers. Having said that I was pissed when they drafted Rodgers. Back then they were still a good team and I wanted the Packers to draft players to help them now!

This year is kind of like the Favre thing and they could have waited another couple of years to address Rodgers replacement. His salary makes him untradeable for probably 3 years anyway.

Rodgers is signed and has mentioned he’d like to play to at least 40 years old and that legacy and staying with one team is important to him. They were one game from the Super Bowl last year (although I believe the 13-3 record was a mirage). So they should help the team with players now! Not what might be in a few years.

I wanted a play making middle linebacker (Murray or Queen if available) or one of the many WR’s mentioned. When they traded up I thought the pick was going to be the MLB Queen. Ironically I was texting with my friend during the first round and told him that I wasn’t convinced the Packers would be able to pass on Love if he was available. Turns out I was correct.

This was the worst draft I can remember for the Packers. Besides the Love pick in the first round the next two rounds were crap too. 2nd round they draft a RB. Packers have good RB’s already. I know that they are both in their contract year but that can be addressed next year.

3rd round they draft a TE after drafting one in the 3rd round last season.

Having said all of that I’m not saying these players won’t work out for the Packers but I feel the first 3 rounds they drafted positions that they don’t need to fill in those rounds.

They are still a good team and have a lot of holes to fill. MLB, WR, DT, should have been at the top of their wants.

8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As a Patriots fan, I'm really excited to see the new team and starting over post Brady.

9. Heritage

Heritage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Me too!! I hope we can on schedule.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How will games go without fans? Wonder if they will be allowed to pump crowd noise in.

Going to be wierd watching real games with a scrimmage atmosphere.

Hopefully it's still watchable, I just can't grasp the concept yet.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I will watch.

MnHunterr and MUDSHARK like this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will too, just trying to get a grasp on how much crowd influence there actually is in home field amd such. Do players and teams feed off that more than we realize?

Will plays be easier to recognize or execute without crowd noise?

I'd imagine delays of game will be a lot less, and forced timeouts due to the offense being unable to hear the playcall.

It will definitely have an effect some how, just not sure in what way or to what extent

13. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if the Vikings will continue to pipe in fake crowd noise even with no fans in the stands?.

Sota likes this.
  14. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Think how loud the horn would be in an empty stadium

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Listening to Minnesota sports talk radio, viking fans can not keep the Packers out of their head, they are are so giddy about the Packers draft. I have to laugh because viking fans know nothing about drafting qbs. You draft a quarter back before you need a quarterback, and once again the fans popping off because they feel they won the offseason. Did a quick check with Las Vegas odds, yeah the vikings odds to win the Super bowl are much worse than the Packers odds.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the thing with drafting a QB. It rarely, if ever, works out how the Favre/Rodgers ordeal went. They are arguably the best EVER to be drafted in succession. That QB the Packers drafted is not going to be Favre or Rodgers no matter how long he is learning from Rodgers. It will not be all roses and rainbows when Arod leaves.

The fact that they drafted a QB instead of Queen or one of the WR just baffles me with Rodgers only having a few years left and they went 13-3 last year. They were one piece away from making it to the SB.

I'm willing to make a bet with any Packers fan. When that new QB comes in (if he ever does come in), the Packers will have a losing record, 2 years in a row, at least.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You don't know that, look at Baltimore's QB everybody thought he should be a wide receiver, he proved a lot of coaches, scouts, and GMs wrong. Not saying there will not be growing pains during the transition but I would not say the Packers will tank when Aaron is gone. If Love was expected to play right away the Packers would have a losing season or two for sure, Love will be well prepped when he called upon. I would bet that you will start to hear fans wanting to put Love in if Aaron is having a rough stretch in the next couple of years. I was at a game when when Brett was having a bad game against the Jets, Aaron came in and broke his foot, fans thought Aaron was injury prone and a bust. He proved them wrong.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    MnHunterr likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Charlie Walters a long time sports writer for the St Paul Pioneer press. His lead article on Sunday morning? Could Aaron follow the same path as Brett to the vikings. How pathetic and sad is that the vikings fan wet dream is getting a Packer castoff QB?

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    RIP Don Shula

20. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk