2019 Turkey Contest-Team #3 Sound Off

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by bamabowhunter19, Mar 31, 2019.

1. 802bowlife

802bowlife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Vermont turkey season ended quick as my brother and I hit the woods yesterday for my birthday and punched 4 tags! On to NH with the bow!
    8748EDFE-4987-4230-8EB3-DD0133D73B98.jpeg

SheddingLightTravis and m_jaske like this.
  2. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, I’m tagged out in Ohio. I apologize that neither of those were with a bow. My intentions was to use a bow on my second bird. My first Tom I was attempting to use my dads first shotgun. He passed away a year ago March and I thought it would be neat to use that old 20 gauge. It was beyond neat when my brother and I doubled. My first double. My first time killing anything beside my brother. And it was very cool since we had to move my mom into assisted living that day. She has Alzheimer’s so it made a tricky day better.

Got the bow out after that but I got a new string a while back and I just haven’t had time to dial that thing in. That in combination with the fact that Tuesday and Thursday the birds went silent made me decide to stick with my dads gun.

This morning I had my father in law who’s never been turkey hunting before tag along as camera man. Birds were hot. Got within 60 yards of 2-3 gobbling Toms. Could t get them to budge and I was out of room. Backed out after they started away from me. Made a huge loop to the other side of the wooded valley they were in. Just as we created the hill on the other side, I saw two birds run off. Kinda looked like hens at a distance but I figured the gig was up. Started to walk back toward the car but stayed close to the wood line. Decided to give one last call. Looked into the valley and two red heads appeared. I shouldered the gun, took aim at a bird about 30-35 yards, and roll him. Father in law had no clue they were there.

Definitely couldn’t have pulled that off with a bow. Next year I will probably make that a solid goal. Sorry I wasn’t much help to the team. But I am happy to be tagged out and have two amazing hunts with family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802bowlife likes this.
  3. 802bowlife

Dislikes Received:
    That’s awesome! Two solid hunts/memories for sure.

4. 802bowlife

Dislikes Received:
    5/14/19 was the first morning I got the chance to get over to New Hampshire to hunt since I am tagged out in my home state of Vermont and was able to run into some jakes and with how it all played out I took the biggest one of the group at 630am before getting back for work! Didn’t spend money on non resident tags to have them sit and my pocket and chew on them. Took the bow out the last two mornings but haven’t gotten the chance for a shot yet but have a few more mornings to get out there!
    AA47A014-D451-43E9-A1D9-C9B33C5B9247.jpeg
    D1F185C2-C91E-48A0-88B7-421A0E7C37E4.jpeg

SheddingLightTravis likes this.