2018 hunt plans and preparation

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by wl704, Jan 14, 2018.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    for English, press one. Para Espanol, marque dos. For whatever the hell Bails is speaking, press 3.

I seriously almost "disliked" you on this one.

boonerville likes this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    for me, going to DIY elk this season in either Colorado or Montana. My main hunting partner bailed on me and my other hunting buddy is on the fence. My wife actually says she wants to go which would be awesome except that it will end up costing me another $1000 in dog boarding fees (not to mention the extra cost of her tags.)

If they all crap out on me I'm either going to do it solo unless someone on here wants in -or- a solo KY public land early season for a week out of the back of my truck. Honestly I want to do that -almost- as much as I want to get after elk out west.

Other than that, for whitetails at my usual WI private land, MI on public, and maybe IN and/or KY public land.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the plan Matt, if I don't get my Elk this Fall, I'm coming back to the Gravel Pit. I miss seeing everybody, I just feel this year will be best hunted in the Unit I hunted in 2013 and 2016, I acquired some information on the Unit from a reliable source and want to se if it pays off.

Look forward to seeing you Guys soon.

WillO, bz_711 and wl704 like this.