2017 NFL Season

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I will not embrace it, and I would hunt with Britney Spears.:biggrin:

JohnnyD likes this.
  2. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't argue there...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Cleveland Indians have won 21 games in a row, the Cleveland Browns have won 21 games since November 20, 2011. That is pathetic.

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So glad to see the Steelers lose to the Bears!
    Patriots defense is looking pretty sketchy this year. So Brady like to win the game on fourth quarter drive!!

7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

8. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Swamp Stalker likes this.
  9. Bowsage

Bowsage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the NFL is in the midst of financial suicide.

10. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I watched the whole Villanueva press conference and he had some interesting comments. He says the players aren't protesting the national anthem or the flag but the majority of society sees it that way and I think this is why. Media just keeps focusing on all the players kneeling or sitting during the anthem but I don't see ANY OF THEM, (the players), saying anything about what and why they are protesting? Kaepernick did at first but now he's not playing and no one else has really stepped up and spoke out about what they are truly protesting? I mean really if I've missed something please tell me. I have no problem with being wrong but I haven't seen anything where an NFL player, other than Villanueva, trying to explain what they're doing. The players have the world at their fingertips with social media, main stream media and anything else to have their voice heard but the only voice they are shouting is not standing up for the national anthem. What else are we supposed to thing they are doing but protesting the flag and national anthem.

From watching the press conference, I truly think deep down Villanueva doesn't agree with the way they are doing it. He might agree with some of the reasons the players want to protest, but not with how they are doing it. If he did, he would have stayed in the locker room. We'll see what happens at the next Steeler's game. I think that will have a lot to say about how they are going to handle it as a team. I personally think the Steeler's will commit public suicide if they stay in the locker room this week.

I'm really at a cross road. I really like football and enjoy the game a lot. But this media sideshow they are creating now really wants to me to just say F the NFL and all the BS.

11. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If/when the league starts losing a good amount of revenue, and the players realize they won’t be able to get those huge guaranteed NBA style contracts like they want, and the players strike in 2021 but have no basis to get what they want because the public has stopped watching their product like they did 2-3 years ago before the Kaepernick situation, that is when they are going to realize the damage they have done.

If I casually scroll through my Facebook right now a majority of my “friends” have negative things to say about football. It doesn’t help that I live in Browns/Steelers territory and the product is bad.

Makes me sad because I love football but also come from a family full of Military veterans including my baby brother and totally understand why their upset.

12. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was brought up under Good and Country......not God and NFL.

They can bite it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

13. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The whole Colin Kaepernick thing and him not having a job right now cracks me up. Yes you are entitled to free speech, it's your first amendment right. However, even though you have a freedom of speech, you're still responsible for your actions, and any consequence related to those actions. First amendment right does not mean you can run around and say whatever you want freely, every American is held accountable for their actions. You have the right to say it or Express your opinion, but you are also held responsible for it. That's a big problem with the younger generation, they don't think they need to be held accountable for their actions.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    RugerRedbone likes this.
  14. Josh Reed

Josh Reed Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think kaepernick doesn't have a job because he sucked. I agree there is a cause and effect for all actions good or bad.

Roll Tide Roll

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  15. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The NFL is not in financial suicide right now. They are fine and they always will be. And 99% of people who say they aren't watching the NFL because of what's going on are lying to your face.

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will still watch it, no doubt.

17. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    As most of you know, I can act as the devils advocate on certain things, especially political things such as this protest. I like to look at both sides to each story and try to understand each sides views.

Those saying that those kneeling in protest are disrespecting the country, military, etc are not fully understanding what they are actually protesting. They are not protesting the National Anthem... They are not protesting the American flag... They are not protesting America. They are simply using the National Anthem as a vehicle to protest inequality and racial injustice (essentially protesting exactly what Colin Kap started to protest). Granted it can be viewed as disrespectful for those serving this country, I truly don't believe they mean disrespect to the men and women protecting this country. Those same men and women serving for our freedom, are also serving for our right to free speech, and for the right to peaceful protest (which I believe they are doing).

The people getting upset that these players are kneeling... When you're at home, do you stand up every time you watch an NFL game and the National Anthem comes on? Does it upset you that hundreds of people each game are heading to the concessions each time an NFL game is played and the National Anthem is being performed (because it sure as hell wasn't an issue before this protest started).

Just a few of my thoughts on the issue. I obviously understand why people are upset that players are kneeling, and I was actually upset when they first started doing it. I just think that there are people who truly believe these NFL players are protesting the American Flag, Military, etc and I don't believe that is the case at all.

I'm in the minority here and will likely get blasted, but I simply try to understand every side to issues such as these.

18. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whether they are protesting it or not, whether their intention was to offend anybody or not doesn't matter. As has been said about many different situations. when as many people who see the act as disrespectful, it is disrespectful regardless of their intention. There are easily millions of people who see what they are doing as disrespectful to the flag and our military. That makes what they are doing disrespectful and they should recognize that. I think Dallas recognized that which is why they attempted to do it different by kneeling before, and standing during the anthem. It didn't work though.

At this point, they players can no longer say they are not disrespecting our military or veterans, because it is clear how many see it that way. If they continue with the protesting as they are, they do it knowing that they are disrespecting them.

19. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    If that's the case then any American who watches football from their couch and doesn't stand when the anthem is played is disrespecting the military/veterans.

20. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I guess if you don't see a difference between a Public display, and private acts. If I am at a stadium, walking to the bathroom or concessions when the anthem starts, I will stop and face the flag. Anybody who doesn't I see that also as disrespectful. I also see those who booed while the anthem was playing also being disrespectful. they should hold their response until after it has completed.

I also think trying to compare what people do in public with what they do in their home as foolish. But I will say, if I was watching a game in a house and there was a veteran who choose to stand while it was played on TV, I would stop and join them.