2017-2018 hunting season

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by hunterman927, Aug 29, 2017.

1. hunterman927

hunterman927 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also had high hopes until I got to my blind and checked my cards yesterday morning. All night pictures for the last 4 days or nights I should say. Ready for this moon phase to change and some cool weather. But it is early and still plenty of season left. Thinking about going in the morning but I may hold off until the weekend.

TeamOkie918 likes this.
  2. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm ready for the cooler weather that's supposed to come in next week.

TeamOkie918 likes this.
  3. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Well I harvested a doe this morning. No shooter bucks has been seen in person yet.

Attached Files:

4. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats @hunterman927 !!! We were out last evening again. Time wasn't on my side. I had one of our shooter bucks come into my area, but he only came to about 64 yrds out before legal shooting time was over. At least I know he is still in the area and there is plenty of time to still chase him this season. I'm going to be out in the woods again Friday and Sunday, crossing my fingers I get a shot on something.

hunterman927 likes this.
  5. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks bud!!!! Good luck Friday and Sunday when you go. Hopefully you get him before guns start showing up in the woods.

TeamOkie918 likes this.
  6. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got a doe opening morning. I’ve seen a lot of deer since just nothing I want to shoot. Hunterman we are only a few miles apart. I live in muldrow. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamOkie918 and hunterman927 like this.
  7. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    @OK/Sooner. You do look familiar!!! Nice doe

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  8. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the thread @OK/Sooner and CONGRATS on your doe!!! Always good to put meat in the freezer!

9. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I was out on our hunting property this past Sunday, and things didn't quite go as planned! Sunday morning, my dad and I hunted, each of us in a ground blind at different spots. The wind was pretty gusty all morning and neither of us had seen anything by 0930 hrs., so we headed in for lunch and naps. We were back out for an evening hunt, but this time we switched blinds. Around 1745 hrs. the wind completely laid down. About 1810 hrs. I had two does come in. One stopped for a few seconds and moved on. The second stopped at a corn pile and put her head down to eat. Not a care in the world. She was 12 yrds. out and I assumed was about to be put in the dirt. I go to draw my bow and my left shoulder locks up (it's a wreck from an accident a few years ago and I have put surgery off for a couple of years) and I am unable to get to full draw. I attempt to fully draw my bow (60 lb. pull) 8 or 10 times with no luck. Instead I pick up my phone and take a pic of her and then start texting all my friends and showing them my situation. I guess you win some, you lose some, but that had to be the most helpless feeling I have ever experienced. I am strongly considering switching to a crossbow (my dad hunts with one), but still haven't made up my mind. I had hoped to get one more season with my bow. Guess I'll keep thinking about it and see what happens Thursday evening when we head out again.
    Oct1503.jpg Oct1506.jpg Oct1504.jpg Oct1505.jpg

hunterman927 likes this.