2015 Mathews No Cam

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ShaneB22, Nov 5, 2014.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there counting on that marketing to work...if one cam is better then two...the no cd must be even better.
    Except call it anything you wantand you still have a cam.

2. bones435

bones435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    By definition there is a couple cams on that bow. But it's round soo... It's a wheel no it a cam no it's a no cam. No it's supercam!!!!
    Stupid. Two cams. Well not the bow stupid but maybe the name a little huh? It's the name that's broken.

3. Diabolikal

Diabolikal Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got to draw one back yesterday. I can honestly say I was impressed with how smooth it was. Very solid back wall as well. I am debating selling my Ballistic to upgrade to it!

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot one other day. Even with no cams it still has that big hump right before you get to the back wall. IMHO if you've got an older now and want to upgrade this is a fine bow. If you've bought a bow in the last 2-4 years. Stick with what you've got. Unless your looking for a change of pace. Nothing special here. Just another descent shooting, semi smooth pull bow with a Mathews logo.

6. mangymaney

mangymaney Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I went to my pro shop the other day and was dying to shoot the new Hoyt Nitrum. I shoot a z7X now but was just wanting to try something a little different. The guy that works at the shop is a huge Hoyt fan but when I told him I wanted to shoot the Nitrum he kinda laughed and said "have you shot the new no cam yet?" I took both bows to the back and shot them both side by side. The Hoyt is fast, very fast but has a lot of vibration and isn't as quiet as one would expect. The no cam on the other hand was almost the exact opposite. The draw cycle was smooth as silk (if you like a smooth and unaggressive draw) and the bow was nearly silent. No the bow isn't a Ferrari with blazing fast speeds but it really is a joy to shoot and an accurate machine. I doubt I will rush out and buy the no cam considering there is nothing wrong with my z7X. Bottom line is if you haven't shot one yet and you're in the market for a new bow give it a shot. It's not going to shoot as fast as the new Hoyt Turbo but it really is a great bow to shoot.

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes the new 2015 wake is 352 i believe. I don't know if I like the no cam idea or not yet. I love Mathews but it will be interesting to shoot one and see what they actually feel like. I'm a huge fan of the chill x. anybody else shoot a chill x/sdx

9. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot the No Cam a few times now, as I was in the market for a new bow this year. I have always been a Matthews fan and love their bows, but this year I don't think they've pulled it off. In concept the bow sounds great and revolutionary, but in actuality I don't think that's going to be the case. Its a pretty smooth draw compared to the Chill R and X bows (not being a speed bow) and shoots good. Is it the nicest looking bow, definitely not. Is it the most accurate (in my opinion) no. So why spend the money on a one off No Cam? Its like buying a exotic car from France, but when it needs maintenance its a pain and pricey to fix. I know Cams, I feel comfortable with them and they are easily replaceable. The HTR did take third place on the bows I tested and I nearly walked out of my local bow shop with the new Elite Synergy (2nd place) which was by far the best looking bow for me. That Cage riser design is sweet! But ultimately I'm looking for something that is consistently accurate and feels good to me. I ordered the new 2015 Prime Rival. Everybody to their own, but I don't think No Cam is going to be the way forward, just my opinion.

10. WolfieFlandersMan

WolfieFlandersMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried the Mathews No Cam. Guess what? I bought it! I was ready for the Creed XS, but, the pro staffer asked me to try the No Cam. I purchased the correct bow! It's really light, really quiet, and silent!

11. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    XLR8/MR5, Monster/MR6, Monster7/MR7, ChillR, Reezen 6.5, Z7 Magnum, Safari, and the Wake. Possibly the SDX with 70lb limbs and a 29" DL. So to answer your question, they've had a few.

SCFox