2015 Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by CCase26, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the market for a new bow and I've narrowed it down to a few. Elite energy 32, Bear agenda 6, and mathews creed xs. These bows are great and I don't even know if the 2015 bows could be any better but incase they are, does anyone know of anything about any of the new lines. I know that the 2014 bows were released last year around October. I'm guessing that would be when they are released again this year. I'm torn between buying something now or waiting until October. :confused:

Happy Hunting

2. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Up to you. I know a lot of Mathews shooters buy the new one every year, and so there are a good number of last years models that pop up used in shops or on craigslist etc. Usually save a couple hundred bucks going that route. Problem with waiting is that you have to get used to a new rig at the beginning of hunting season.

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We haven't even got to the 2014 deer season yet and you're already wanting a 2015 bow.. lets not get ahead of ourselves now.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol...now's the time to be thinking of these things though. I bought a new Carbon Element about this time last year and while I love it and am proud of it...I sort of wish I'd waited until the new lines came out just because they did away with the Element and went to the redesigned version called the Spyder so now I have a new rig that is now out of production. Which all in all doesn't amount to an issue really, technically speaking...oh yeah and the Spyders have a redesigned cam that's better than the old ones...there's that.

5. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well if they come out during this season then I don't think I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Just trying to see if anybody has heard anything good enough to make me wait until October to buy something instead of now. I guess I'm not very patient.

6. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be very happy if I spent the money on a new bow right now and then here in less than 3 months the new lines are starting to get released. If there wasn't going to be much of a difference between the 2014 and 2015 then I probably wouldn't worry about it as much, but ya never know now days what they will come out with.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion you should wait till the 2015s come out. There will always be something a little better. I know I'm buying a 2015 right when they come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The other thing I will mention is that Mathews has a tendency to do some kind of new design roughly every third year. The z7 came out and was very different, then the next year we had the z7extreme. The creed and Chill came out two years ago, this year we got the creed xs, the chill r, and the chill x. My bet would be that the 2015 bows will have something different from Mathews again rather than a little tweak to an existing bow.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm think about killing a big buck this time of year. If you are always waiting for the next best thing you will always be waiting.

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know details but I have it on good authority you're correct. The new 2015 bow or bows from Mathews will be an all new model/design and should be released sometime in October. If you're in a market for a new bow you may want to hold off a few months and see what comes out in the next couple months.

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I considered all the perks and possible problems as well before I bought a new rig but ended up going ahead with an early purchase of a new rig. Partially because I wanted time to get used to it for last season without being too rushed but also because I figured the Elements surely would not change much as a "flagship" bow...man I was sooo wrong on that one, lol.

I'm not too disappointed, I love my bow and it'll serve me well for some time yet, there will always be something newer and improved when the new lines come out. At best I probably could have hoped for a year with a "New" version of any given bow anyway and I don't buy a new rig very often...so there's also that consideration. Also a negative to buying brand new designs is that they also have brand new bugs. If I had a choice between the last of a series and the first, logically speaking, I'd prefer to have the final version that had all the bugs worked out. That was why I ended up going ahead with a new purchase this early before season last year and I don't regret it, all things considered. I could have waited, found out and bought a new Spyder and maybe it had problems or they come out with an even better version for 2015. It's a gamble either way but I'd prefer to error on the side of dependability and mine has been great so no complaints. I can upgrade at some point in the near future if I so choose so no biggie.

*edit after reading Justins post:

I'd consider buying a Mathews if they get rid of that crosshatch design...and change up the profile to something more modern. They need to keep it fresh to stay on the edge of the contemporary market.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  12. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking about killing big bucks every day of year. Not sure how that effects me on getting some good info for a new bow..

13. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what I figured. I can't wait for these new bows, October will feel like Christmas time lol. I think I'm just going to hold on to the bow I got for just a couple more months and see what comes out and if I don't like any of the 2015 bows then I will buy one of the bows I mentioned in my original post.

14. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Man you make some good points on both ends lol. Thanks for making my decision that much harder haha!!

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, just throwing out all the considerations I can think of and what went into my decision last year. A big thing for me though (which departs from your circumstances) is that I had been out of bow hunting for three years and was getting back into it but my old bow was out of tune and was going to cost a good chunk of dough to get new strings and to have it tuned and checked out and was already 10 years old. So, I had a legitimate need for a new bow for season and fell in love with the Carbon Element the first time I saw one in black with blue trim...I just had to find and buy one and it worked out pretty well.

16. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man I love it when I am right. I don't really have a need for anything new, as I really love my Helim and am just getting some real accessories on it finally instead of the cheap $20 stabs/ quiver/ sight, but I would love if Mathews did something along the lines of the Helim again, but this time in a speed bow. As for someone saying to get rid of the crosshatch, I don't see that happening any time soon. Mathews has made that their signature look. It's here to stay. Just like the Hoyt carbon bows with all the riser tubes running everywhere. Branding sells.

17. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't blame you then, if I was in your situation I would have probably done the same thing. Right now I have the bear charge and it really is a good bow for how cheap the price was but just doesn't compare to these new bows. I'm just ready for something new and a little faster, especially since I have a 27.5 draw length.

18. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know whats in store for 2015 im friends with a mathews tech. But all i can say is wow just wait itll be awesome im not gona release anything because last time i did about the new chills alot of people were upset and mad at me lol but come nov youll see .

19. johnsons1480

johnsons1480 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    October/November seems like an odd time to release new bows. Is there any logic behind that? Our archery only season is September 27- October 31. If the answer to this question is conventional wisdom, keep in mind I'm VERY new to archery in general.

20. CCase26

CCase26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Haha just a tad bit wont hurt ;)

I hope you are right about this lol!

Tags: