2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by FullTimeKiller, Aug 28, 2013.

1. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Carbon Knight almost 2 weeks ago. I liked it. I didn't think the grip was all that bad, but I'm shooting an old Mathews so I'm used to a big grip. I have not shot the Experience, but after hearing all the good reviews, I will soon.

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This turned into a good thread

3. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya i shot the experience about a month ago for the first time, and for me personally i liked it the best out of this yrs bows. Ive shot the creed, chill the new hoyt carbons and spyders and from what i tried the experience was the nicest. I do alot of mountain hunts so i like a nice lightweight bow like my element, its just a plus to have when your walkin many hrs a day when your on a hunt. Im not considering buying a new bow, the carbon knight just got me curious, and got me wondering if its as nice to shoot as the experience, but from what all you guys are sayin i guess not. I still want to let a few arrows fly outa one when i get the chance. Gotta admit though, a bow at just 3.2 lbs that is incredible! Just like one of you guys said a a few comments back in this thread a carbon experience like bow would most likely be amazing.

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The knight isn't going to be as nice as the experience. It's not bowtech's flagship bow. It's light. That's the niche of this bow.
    The knight doesn't have the overdrive cams, doesn't have the flex roller... it doesn't have all the top features as the experience.
    If money was a determining factor, it's a competitive bow, but if you want the nicest... you'll still be shooting your experience.

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot the Carbon Knight but I wonder if Bowtech wanted something different from the Experience as to bring in the market share for those who didn't like the Experience. Someone might not like one but could love the other. Either way, if they are coming out with a new bow this late in the year tells me they probably already have ideas for next year's model(s) and they have the money to spend. And THAT tells me that Bowtech is really making strides, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of their bows (the one's I've seen/shot) and business model seems to be solid.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buys a Hoyt carbon element.....Immediately hates mathews and says nothing compares to the greatest bow in the world. :tu:

Shot one a few weeks ago and it was solid but not as good as the expierience. Oh and Im a mathews guy and ill admit bowtech is on its game.

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What are you talking about? I didn't see anyone post anything about hating Mathews or say the HCE is the greatest bow in the world?

8. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL ok bud.

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    If you're aiming that at my previous post, I think you need to go back and re-read what I actually said....bud. Seriously.

10. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol ok bud

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Classy and intelligent responses, thanks.

12. hunter4817

hunter4817 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    DELETED by admin

13. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot the Bowtech Carbon Knight as a matter of fact I own one now. It is a bow made for a bowhunter, if you ask me. I have shot every bow on the market for the past 3yrs, and I can say i am happy with this bow so far.

It literally came down to the Bowtech CK and the Mathews Chill. The Mathews finished nicer then the Bowtech, but all the other aspects were basically a tie. The backwall on the Bowtech is better IMO, but not by much.
    I could not justify spending an extra $200+ on the Mathews over the Bowtech so I came home with the Carbon Knight.

I will say the Bowtech Carbon knight is NOT the best bow I have ever had my hands on but for the price it sure is. It is smooth on the draw, slight hump into the valley, the valley is nice(easily adjustable with the drawstop, can fit it to how you want), the backwall is solid. The shot itself is not loud, but it is not the quietest thing either it has a slight "crack" sound to it(Again if I put some bowjax on the string, I think it would quiet it up). The bow without a doubt has handshock, but that should be expected with the bow as light as it is. It has simmered down alot with the Octane stab on it though. The finish on the bow looks quite cheap, kind of plastic like but WHO CARES if you ask me! Overall the bow is a 7 out of 10

For Bowhunters it is a 9 out of 10 Easily!

OHHHHHH as far as Bowtech speed being suspect....?

This bow:

29" Draw
    71lbs
    Factory String and silencers

380grn arrow--------> 316FPS
    355grn arrow--------> 329FPS

If my calculations are right this bow IBO's at 343ish.......I guess there speeds are a bit suspect, on the high side!!

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah..thats pretty impressive for a bow with an IBO rating of 330fps at an inch shorter draw length than IBO standard.

15. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks bud, thats a great response. Good honest review! Same with the others. ( most of em ) coveymaster/yes - learn from it Haha just playin guys. Thanks everyone. Lookin forward to more reviews on this bow from others as well!

Luke

16. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know what you mean by "Plastic riser" but in essence it is not a plastic riser. The feel and look would make you think Plastic, but it is indeed a carbon mold. It is not weaved like Hoyt's spirals, but it should be just fine if you ask me. The way I look at it is this........

Hoyt offers a Lifetime Warranty with the Carbon Weave Style Riser

Bowtech offers a Lifetime Warranty with the Plastic looking Carbon Filled Riser(at a fraction of the cost)

So guess what, with saying that can you really say one "style" of carbon is better then the other?

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Not for the money...no.
    But when you consider the Element is quieter, has basically zero vibration and a bit smoother draw cycle....yes.
    Is it worth the extra money...to me it was but obviously there is a big demand for a cheaper version and the Knight fills that niche very well and it sounds like produces a fairly nice bow at the same time.

18. mnrookie21

mnrookie21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Composite materials are used in structural components everywhere today. Airplanes & automobiles come immediately to mind. These materials are tested beyond exhaustion... not only for strength, but also for creep (change over time), thermal properties, environmental properties (moisture absorption, etc), impact, and more. Comparing plastic to composite is like comparing sand to concrete. And it doesn't have to be a carbon weave to be a composite.

19. wareagle8265

wareagle8265 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to archery and just purchased the 2014 Carbon Knight. I have the 70 # model and the draw cycle feels smooth to my uneducated feel but when I get to full draw it feels as though it has very little valley and wants to jump at the slightest relax. Can you explain which way to move the draw stops to help me with this problem. I am punching back and forth and full draw which wears me out after 20 or 30 shots. I have to feel like I'm trying to pull it through the back wall to stop the Jump. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

20. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It may not be the stops. It kind of sounds like the draw length is too long, or it's WAY out of tune.