2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MN_Jay, Apr 27, 2012.

1. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually shocked that no one posted on this yet. This is my first year of really paying attention to the draft and it did not disappoint. Only one in the top seven picks didn't do some sort of trade up or down. My Vikes scored 2 more picks by trading down one spot and still getting who they wanted.

Dallas seemed to be the shocker of the night trading up to #6 to take Morris Claiborne, the LSU cornerback. I don't think anyone seen that coming.

Who's been paying attention and did your team win or lose in the first round?

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not many surprises for me... I too was wondering about the thread. Picking a good dog name beginning with K seems to be more popular than Andrew Luck. :violin:

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did a local hunting show last night so this was the first time that I can remember not watching the whole draft. I think for the first time in a long time the Vikings did a good job on day one. Hopefully they keep that up. I was suprised as well at the Cowboys moving up and getting the best corner back.

4. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not much to say about the Saints...

5. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Just Glad the Jags didn't get some OL from Bethune Cookman, or a Dt from Middle Tenn State.

6. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish the Lions had taken Janoris Jackson. They could really use a good cover corner. Yeah he's got some problems, but I think you can take that chance late in the first round on that type of talent. I think they are too used to picking in the top 5.

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They should still have chance of getting him. Might have to trade up in second couple picks but he's dropping because of character. Plenty of good cornerbacks in the draft though.

And I'm very happy with draft. Im a Cowboys fan and love that they moved up to get the best corner. (which they really needed) Hopefully they'll get back into the 2nd and get some pass rushers.

8. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a Gator fan I'm obligated to correct you here. Sorry. You understand.

It's a shame he's such a risk. He would have likely been the top corner take this year if he hadn't gotten kicked off the team at UF. He shut down Julio Jenkins and AJ Green last year as a Junior, has top end speed, and is very physical despite his size.

The blunts he rolled literally cost him 10s of millions of dollars. He could really use it too, seeing how he already has 4 kids from 3 different mothers.

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We have enough funny stick smokers on the lions.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Which is good:)

11. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    busy busy busy here! that time of year and with our new GM everybody's role has expanded. kind of a bittersweet time of year for me. on one hand we are getting new players and that can be exciting. on the other hand those new guys are/will end up taking a job from one of our established guys who i have a realationship with. one of the many things that makes this game the greatest one ever created for me!

12. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being a Skins fan it was no surprise "RG3" but I just hope he pans out for what they gave up to move 3 spots...and they could have stayed pat and took Ryan Tannehill (who I think will be a fine NFL QB) and kept all those future #1.....and to think Vinny Cerruto has been away from DC for a few yrs now as GM...same old Skins I'm afraid

13. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice move and much needed. But..... it doesn't matter. Cowboys will be yet again the best team on paper and go nowhere.

JMO but I think your new GM needs to make Forte happy lol. What's up with that? Sign the dude he's a stud and was pretty much the sole reason they had success early on last year.

14. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Vikings have a oustanding history of screwing up drafts, but with a true GM now, they actually made some real intelligent moves. Lotsof holes there yet and the 3-5th rounds can really be the keys parts of a draft.

The most amusing quote I saw from the draft came from Morris Claiborne who explained why he got a 4 on his wonderlic....""I came to the Combine for football," Claiborne said. "I looked at the test, and wasn’t any questions about football. I didn’t see no point in the test. I’m not in school anymore. I didn’t complete it."

15. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    touchy subject round here rt now. wish i could comment but not really good idea to talk about it over a social medium. a beer,? YES! =-) i can say this, im glad its happening now and not during the reg season!!!!!!!

16. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My Packers got Nick Perry line up on the opposite side of Clay Mathews. He weighs 270 lbs. and that seems heavy for that position although he is fast.

Is it just me but does anyone else find it wierd how Godell hugs the draft picks like they were related and haven't seen each other in years?

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would've liked the see the Bears draft someone on the O line to help protect our boy Jay and open up some holes for Forte, BUT I understand our D is getting a little on the old side. Could Mclellin be the future Urlacher replacement? Seems like the kid has talent, but you never know how these things are going to play out in the end.

With the way my Cubs are playing, football season can't come soon enough.

18. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I've had more than enough of the draft. I think 3 days of coverage is enough. It's taken over ESPN. I don't think anyone is clinging to their seats for the 5th and 6th round picks. First couple rounds? Sure. Between the coverage leading up to it and the actual draft coverage.... whoa!