1911 Guys

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by racewayking, Jun 18, 2014.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I got a pretty good deal on a Para 1911 that should be arriving in a few days. Rick James (Matt) warned me when we went to shoot our AR's that 1911's are just as addicting and fun to customize. I never planned on getting a 1911 but decided it was time to add one to the safe. Who has a 1911 and have you pimped your gun?

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, eh? ;)

We have a few Para 1911s. K uses them mostly. They're a bit too big for me (double stacks). And I have a heck of a time racking the slide. But they shoot great.

None are tricked out.

Yet....

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome. I'm predicting you will have a few more soon. :tu:

You have seen and I think shot mine. One of my hunting buddies back home works for Dan Wesson and actually built it. It's a Dan Wesson Guardian. They already use a bunch of Ed Brown parts for this gun and everything was hand fitted and tuned out of the box so it didn't need much else.

I did send it back to have them install different Trijicon sights. I also installed an Ed Brown 25 lpi checkered main spring housing that matches the front strap. The housing still needs to be blended into the frame and then re-coated with Wesson's "duty coating" to match the rest of the gun but I just haven't gotten around to sending it back to him for this yet. It's so close now that no one would ever notice but he offered to do it free for me so I'll likely get it done at some point after I end up moving home.

It's not going to happen anytime soon, but I really want to get him to build me an ECO. I didn't do it last time but they can do custom serial numbers for friends/family and I'd like to get an ECO with my sons initials and birth date for the serial number on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. jacob

jacob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a kimber 1911 and I love it!

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I won a Taurus PT 1911 and love the thing. Looking at getting some custom wood grips and thats about it.

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Para P14-45 1911, and I love it. It's a little big to conceal carry in the summer, but it's not a problem with a hoody on.

7. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I went with a similar gun from them with the double stack mags.